How do I prevent my Bluetooth from cutting on and off while driving?
DavidLeon65

Hi. Just bought a Honda Pilot 2013. I have been having trouble pairing the car's phone system and my Galaxy S III so that it works consistently. If the car is moving and I'm talking on the car phone, the call will switch back and forth between the speaker on the handheld phone itself and the car phone. This also happens if you are trying to listen to Pandora - while driving the music will be playing on the car speakers and then it will drop off and the screen will say something like 'Can't locate a bluetooth device'. If the car is in 'park', this doesn't seem to be a problem. And, in either situation, the bluetooth on my phone says it is 'On.'

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

0 Likes
Re: How do I prevent my Bluetooth from cutting on and off while driving?
Not applicable

I'm wondering if it has to do with a weak signal between the phone and the car.  Have you tried moving the phone to a different location in the car?

0 Likes
DavidLeon65

Thanks. Yep, I've tried that. Sometimes if I turn the bluetooth on and off on my phone each time I enter the car it will work properly...but I would hate to have to do that everytime.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear DavidLeon65,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with the bluetooth connection in your car. I know this can be frustrating. It would be my pleasure to address your bluetooth concerns.

When the bluetooth connection drops out, is the phone near you? Also, do you have Wi-Fi turned on? If so, please turn off Wi-Fi, then test. What software version do you have? For directions on how to check the software verison on your phone, click http://vz.to/SrMyDh

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
cjames1968

I have the problem that my bluetooth connectivity works for several weeks, then suddenly the connection drops and reconnects every 20 seconds or so.  I renders the bluetooth function inoperable.  I had fixed this once by un-pairing, reconnecting, and wiping out the browser cache?  THis solved the problem for about three months.  Now the behavior is back and my previous fix has no effect.  I've restarted the phone, disconnected, re-paired (which wipes out my speed dial numbers for the fifth time) cleared the cache, deleted the history.  Please advise.  Charles James

0 Likes