How do I prevent Samsung updates from switching my ringtone?
GreybeardNE1

I periodically get Samsung updates on my S4. When I allow them to update, my alarm ringtones are always changed to "Morning Flower alarm". How can I prevent this from happening? I have assigned specific ringtones for family members. I noticed yesterday that those were changed to the default ringtones. I assume that the Samsung updates are responsible for that too.

Stan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Updates
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to put your custom ringtones in that folder (the 'ringtones' folder of the phone's internal memory) rather than the SD card; otherwise, as you've experienced, whenever there's an update, the ringtones disappear.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your custom ringtones saved in the "ringtone" folder on the phone's internal memory space?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GreybeardNE1

No, the only files in that folder are two .ogg files related to "hangouts".

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to put your custom ringtones in that folder (the 'ringtones' folder of the phone's internal memory) rather than the SD card; otherwise, as you've experienced, whenever there's an update, the ringtones disappear.

0 Likes
GreybeardNE1

Just did that. We'll see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
GreybeardNE1

Had a Samsung update over the weekend, and it changed my notification ringtones to the Morning Flower tone. Also wiped my individually set ringtones for my family back to the default. Need a new idea to fix the problem!!

0 Likes