How do I make message sound repeat on my S7
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am hard of hearing so I miss messages. I use a customized "sound" ported over from my S4 running Android 4. It works fine on my S7. However, I want it to remind me every 5 minutes if I don't acknowledge it. With my S4, it repeated the same "sound" after 5 minutes. With the S7 running Android 7, it doesn't use the same sound but instead uses some impossible-to hear default sound. How can I make the S7 use the same sound for reminders?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I make message sound repeat on my S7
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Default notification - Verizon Alert

Message Notification: JohnHasMessage

Calendar Notification: On Time

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCHECKED-VERIZON, knowing when you have a message is always important. Let's take a closer look at your sounds. When going to the Settings, Sounds and Vibrations, Notification Sounds, what is currently selected?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Default notification - Verizon Alert

Message Notification: JohnHasMessage

Calendar Notification: On Time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking those settings! Upon review the native Messages app does not have the ability to set the alert on repeat. If using the red Message+ app you will have this option. While in the app press Menu at top right> Settings >Repeat Reminder.

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I accept that but don't understand why. My default S4 messaging had that ability. You are telling me the current default one has fewer features than the old one?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you have the best device experience. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We as Verizon Wireless do recognize the helpfulness of the feature and we have integrated it into our app but we are unable to control how the manufacturer develops the native features.  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Sluers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also loved the message alert repeat I had on my galaxy s5 and am very disappointed    that my s7 edge does not have that feature.

honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Poor non-customer-oriented decisions.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Personally I'd wanna throw my phone if it kept reminding me of messages, but it totally makes sense to have that option available like in your situation.

Perhaps Samsung will include that feature in a future update if enough users request that, but for a quicker fix to enable effective repeated notifications would be to download a different messaging app to use from the Google play store that allows for more notification customization (such as Textra for example) or an app specifically for notification options (such as recurrent notification manager, or easy reminder for example)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is a customer to be disappointed, Sluers. We can definitely lift up your feedback to the manufacturer. What we recommend is switching to our Messages+ application so you can get that alert repeat feature back. Plus, you get many other great features with this app. Here's a link with all the details: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/#features

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes