How do I know if my device is unlocked?
Wil0015

How do I know if my phone is locked or unlocked?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Locked or unlocked phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us Wil0015. I'd be happy to answer this for you. All of our 4G LTE devices are unlocked and don't require any additional steps.

BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us Wil0015. I'd be happy to answer this for you. All of our 4G LTE devices are unlocked and don't require any additional steps.

BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ahamilton1

So if I have an Apple Iphone 7 - that is already unlocked as well? My contract was paid off a couple months ago and I was wondering the same thing. Please advise. thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ahamilton1, let me help clarify a few things related to unlocked devices. The iPhone 7 is a 4G LTE device. Our Post Paid 4G devices are locked before activation. Once the phone has been activated on the VZW network, it is unlocked. Based on what you've shared, your phone has been active for quite a while now. As a result, the device is unlocked.

I hope this helped clarify things. Were you thinking about selling your old device, when you purchased a new one from VZW? Or was there another reason you needed to check on its locked/unlocked status?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@ahamilton1 wrote:

So if I have an Apple Iphone 7 - that is already unlocked as well? My contract was paid off a couple months ago and I was wondering the same thing. Please advise. thanks.

Verizon phones have been sold unlcked from the start for several years now

0 Likes