How do I get my information back that was deleted from my SD card?
tmulder

Since making the latest update, my SD card shows as blank. All of my pictures, etc. are gone. It also doesn't recognize the SD card, and won't let me save anything to it. The SD card worked perfectly before the update. How do I get my information back??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my information back from SD card?
Klue
Master - Level 1

There is software out there that will retrieve deleted photos is some cases. Most of them give you a trial copy, you install it and it will show you thumbnails of the pictures that can be recovered.  Then you pay to get full use of the software.  For what it's worth in the future before you do any kind of an update to your phone, REMOVE the sd card first.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if the card died, everything is gone.  you provided the sd card, i doubt if the update was the problem.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

There is software out there that will retrieve deleted photos is some cases. Most of them give you a trial copy, you install it and it will show you thumbnails of the pictures that can be recovered.  Then you pay to get full use of the software.  For what it's worth in the future before you do any kind of an update to your phone, REMOVE the sd card first.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmulder - Having access to your media and other data is paramount. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. Is the data only missing when trying to view your files that are on the SD card via your phone? Are you able to view the SD card folder and files when viewing them on a computer?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"that can be recovered"....do you have to buy the full version to actually recover the pics??

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

It was 5-6 years ago the last time I checked, and you had to buy the full version to get the files. There might be free software out there now as this technology has been around for awhile.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

relying on just the card is foolish, too many ways to back stuff up.