How do I get my Samsung S4 phone unlocked for oversea travel?
leongss

I just got my new Samsung S4 phone and need to know how to get this phone unlocked by Verizon so that I can use the local GSM sim card when I am out of the country.  In reading some of the community posting,  it sounds like Verizon has to unlock my phone before I can use it for GSM.  I put in a China Mobile sim card and it keeps telling me that this is a " non-Verizon SIM - This sim card is from an unknown source"  and I cannot use the local SIM on my phone at all.

Please help.

leongss

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my Samsung S4 phone unlocked by Verizon for oversea travel using local GSM sim
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S4 is already SIM unlocked. Have you checked to see it was set for global mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my Samsung S4 phone unlocked by Verizon for oversea travel using local GSM sim
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S4 is already SIM unlocked. Have you checked to see it was set for global mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
leongss

Yes,

I have selected global mode in the Mobile Networks setting. Network Operators is greyed out for me to select China Mobile as the SIM card carrier that I inserted and replaced the Verizon LTE SIM card.

What else can I do to make the local SIM work on my S4 phone. It still show China Mobile not available.

Thanks

Stella

0 Likes