How do I get a Sim card for a Used phone?
CousinEddie

I just ordered a used Samsung S7 from ebay which will be arriving in a few days.  I am replacing an S3.  I am assuming that my current SIM card will not work.  I would like to use the phone as soon as I get it, but I can't find a way to order the SIM card without putting in the phone ID (which I don't have, because I don't have the phone yet).  Is there a way to get the SIM card ahead of time so that I can pop it into the phone as soon as it arrives?  Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sim Card For Used Phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An option is to get a SIM card adapter (although having one shipped from somewhere like Amazon means it probably won't arrive before the S7 does), then take the S3 to your local Corporate VzW store, have them give you a nano-sized SIM card for the S3, put the new SIM card in the SIM card adapter, then pop it in the S3.  Then when you get the S7, just put the nano SIM card in the phone.  Otherwise, once you receive the S7, take it to your local Corporate VzW store for the nano SIM.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An option is to get a SIM card adapter (although having one shipped from somewhere like Amazon means it probably won't arrive before the S7 does), then take the S3 to your local Corporate VzW store, have them give you a nano-sized SIM card for the S3, put the new SIM card in the SIM card adapter, then pop it in the S3.  Then when you get the S7, just put the nano SIM card in the phone.  Otherwise, once you receive the S7, take it to your local Corporate VzW store for the nano SIM.

0 Likes
gersong_vzw
Verizon Employee

CousinEddie, I know your anxious to activate your new device and we want to provide you with a SIM card so you can start using your device immediately. Here's our store locator so you can visit one of our corporate stores and they will be able to provide you with a new SIM card for your new device. http://vz.to/2bouMjv We hope you enjoy your new device and please let us know if you have any additional questions for us.

Gersong_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes