How do I deactivate visual voicemail on my S6?
toniparks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time I go to check my voicemail, it opens the Visual Voicemail and I HATE IT!  I will not pay money to read a voice mail that I can listen to just as easily.  How do I get rid of this?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I deactivate visual voicemail on my S6?
Snn5
Legend

Basic Visual voice mail is free, Premium costs more.  Both require 24/7 Mobile Data to be enabled.  You can remove visual voicemail within My Verizon features and apps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the SAME EXACT QUESTION!!!  What the hell, I can't even get a notification that I have a voicemail.  I had 3 messages on there that I didn't even know about until I dialed *86!  I don't want to subscribe to some stupid add-on that costs me money just to use my phone! 

0 Likes
bananapancake
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have to call Verizon customer service to get this removed.  It can't be done any other way.  Then you will loose any saved messages and have to set up your VM all over again, the program is different...the bargain basement version of what I had before. It's considered a "downgrade" to your VM.  Don't like it but at least the Visual Voice Mail thing quit popping up. 

Snn5
Legend

Basic Visual voice mail is free, Premium costs more.  Both require 24/7 Mobile Data to be enabled.  You can remove visual voicemail within My Verizon features and apps.

0 Likes
bananapancake
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just as an FYI, you can no longer remove VVM through features on the website.  I was only able to add the upgraded version.  I had no option available to do this.  So either all of our accounts are not the same, or they have changed this option.  Only choice was to call them.  Which I hate doing and did search for any other alternative. 

Snn5
Legend

I guess all accounts are not the same:  premium visual voice mail  To be fair, perhaps this person did so from within the app and not from My Verizon.

0 Likes
toniparks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to go through My Verizon and it didn't work.  It didn't even show the Visual Voicemail on my account.  I'm having to go through customer service.

csnj80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I started having the same issue a few days ago.  Even though I did not accept or agree to anything, suddenly I after to listening to one VM I got another from VZ saying welcome to my free 3-day visual voice mail trial. My next VM I received, it asked me to agree or disagree to the terms and after clicking on disagree, it un-enroled me from Visual Voice Mail.

But now every time I click on the VM notification on the phone, it has to go through the agree/disagree question.  I started clearing the notification and simply dialing *86 o access my VM.  When I tried blocking visual voice mail or premium visual voice mail, in My Verizon Account, an error message comes up that visual voice mail is required for HD Voice service.

When I agreed to enroll for HD voice, I do not recall seeing any mention that we would be transferred over to visa voice mail and require to use our data plan to get VM. I don't need or want visual VM. If we are required to have the service, it should not be charged against our data plan.

bananapancake
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can only deactivate the Basic Visual Voicemail by calling customer

service and having them take it off and completely resetting your vm. You

will loose any vm's you have saved. It's the only way. The poster who

stated you could just take it off your self on the Verizon website was I

believe referring to the upgraded version of VVM. That one you can add,

and then take it off later. The basic comes with the phone and there is no

option to do that. So...the dreaded customer service phone call. Sorry, I

did it. They were fairly nice about it.

hallonas

Verizon, this is a bad way to do business, boxing customers into a corner to try to upsell features and even charging additional for "high quality" HD voice.  The "normal" quality isn't very good, seems like you want to charge me extra just to get to "good". 

0 Likes