Re: How do I clear my voicemail notifications?
TerryField10

June 2019--My message waiting indicator has shown two messages waiting for several days now. This is despite the fact I have no messages waiting. 

After reading this thread, I was able to clear the message waiting indicator by doing the following: I called my cell phone from a landline and left myself a short message. I waited until my cell phone notified me that I had a new message. Then I called my voicemail from my cell phone, listened to my own message and deleted it. I waited until the voice menu told me I had no new messages then I hung up. Voilà, the message waiting indicator cleared!

Hope this works for you as well.

0 Likes
Alimujtaba786

Hello my name is syed ali mujtaba i have this question and i have answer easily follow these steps

No.1 Goto settings.

No.2 Goto Application Manager.

No.3 Select All option for all apps

No.4 Then Click Phone and clear data.

that's all you need to do and you're all set

0 Likes
rprft

Galaxy S7 Edge

The phantom VM notification comes randomly and seems to occur when the phone switches from Wifi to Cell in my workplace (we have horrible verizon reception).  I have to go and kill it in the app settings multiple times weekly.  I did not experience it once during recent international trips.  Makes me think it is a verizon issue with wifi calling.  This is a real pain, and no permanent solution seems to exist.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern with the phantom voicemail that is showing up on your phone, rprft. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. When did this start? Have you tried calling *86 to see if there is a message there that is not showing in the app? Has anyone been able to leave you a voicemail since this started?

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
Dreamcruiser

I have a Galaxy S9 and a few weeks ago started getting the phanrom voice mail notifications.  I thought it was the phone.  Tried all the typical solutions of clearing of cache and data.  Called Verizon and they did a reset on my account.  Even did a factory reset on device.  Worked for about 24 hours.

Samsung tells me that since that didn't clear it up, it's and Android/Verizon problem that has been going on for years.  Apparently it is also and Android/Sprint problem as well.  They told me that voice mail is service provider function and not a device function.

Bottom line no one is taking responsibility and no one is going to fix it.

0 Likes
tns_2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree.  None of the solutions work.  I had my phone reset a few weeks ago. Wan"t planning it but had accidentally reinstalled my protective case upside down and it ended up resetting.  For more than a week it ended ip with no voicemails showing but today its back too showing two phantom voicemails.  I actually had three real  voicemails when I called *86 but after deleting those it still said 2 waiting.  So not only not resetting, but not showing real voicemails.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to troubleshoot your voicemail concern. What make and model device do you have? To clarify, what kind of reset did you perform (factory reset, etc.)?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
awartani

None of the solutions works and Verizon being irresponsible

0 Likes
Re: voicemail icon stays on all the time
awartani

works sometimes but the problems shows up again 

Verizon is being irresponsible and Tech support is inept. It feels you are calling a tire store to fix a phone problem

0 Likes
Re: voicemail icon stays on all the time
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes