How do I activate an old Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for wifi use?
brovery
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got a new phone, and performed a factory reset on the old phone while setting it up so my daughter could begin using it on wifi.

It restarted and went to the Phone Activation screen, but obviously can't activate.

Any tips would be appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I activate an old Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for wifi use?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brovery, having an available device for your daughter to use strictly on Wi-Fi is always a benefit. Please allow us to further go over your options. After processing the factory data reset on your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, can you please clarify if you had removed the SIM card prior to restarting the device? If the SIM card was not removed your device (Galaxy S6) may be attempting to try and activate. Please follow this link for steps on how to remove the SIM card http://vz.to/2pThVuN. Please let us know if this information helps clarify your concern.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brovery, having an available device for your daughter to use strictly on Wi-Fi is always a benefit. Please allow us to further go over your options. After processing the factory data reset on your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, can you please clarify if you had removed the SIM card prior to restarting the device? If the SIM card was not removed your device (Galaxy S6) may be attempting to try and activate. Please follow this link for steps on how to remove the SIM card http://vz.to/2pThVuN. Please let us know if this information helps clarify your concern.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If that doesn't help try going to settings-application manager- then go down to setup wizard and force stop it

That should close the phone activation screen. You may have to have the Show system apps on

0 Likes
brovery
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked great, thanks!

For anyone else who happens upon this, kathy's response would not work for me, as I was unable to enter any screen, including the settings, aside from the activation screen.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I am truly sorry that my suggestion did not help with the problem you were having with the phone.

It has been awhile since I seen that activation screen that you were talking about when starting

up your phone. I have a old S5 that I am using with wifi and I guess the key to all of this is the

sim card. I just checked my old phone and it still has the sim card in it but I guess with it being

so old and not activated that is why I am not getting the activation screen that you were getting.

Either way I am glad to hear that you got the phone up and running and are able to use it on

wifi.