How can I use S4 mini in India?
patricksalemme

The rep at my domestic VZ wireless store said I should have no problems switching out the SIM card in India. Now, having purchased an Airtel sim card and having chopped it down to micro sim size, the phone says the card is not from the verizon family [thanks] and doesn't appear to attempt to get a signal.

Is it possible to get my phone working in India or did the rep at the local VZ store just not know what they were talking about?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I use S4 mini in India?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you stay connected during your trip, patricksalemme. The rep at the store was correct. The S4 has global capabilities and comes ready to use a local SIM when you're out of the country. I would highly recommend reaching out to Airtel to see if they can provide you with the SIM that properly fits your phone without the need to chop it yourself. They'll also be able to help with programming your device onto their network for your time there.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I use S4 mini in India?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you stay connected during your trip, patricksalemme. The rep at the store was correct. The S4 has global capabilities and comes ready to use a local SIM when you're out of the country. I would highly recommend reaching out to Airtel to see if they can provide you with the SIM that properly fits your phone without the need to chop it yourself. They'll also be able to help with programming your device onto their network for your time there.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes