How can I install the Verizon Visual Voicemail (Basic) app on my unlocked S8?
SD10

I purchased an unlocked S8 from Samsung. The voicemail indicator doesn't work. I tried activating the 'pager notification' in the voicemail settings (dial *86), but it doesn't notify my device of new voicemail. If I were able to download and install the basic Visual Voicemail app, this should resolve my issue. The visual voicemail apps for T Mobile, AT&T and Sprint are on Google Play, but no Verizon. I went to a Verizon store and they said call Samsung. Please advise. It is NOT a notification setting on the S8, we (me and several Verizon staff) checked this already.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I install the Verizon Visual Voicemail (Basic) app on my unlocked S8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SD10, ensuring that you have all the information on hand about our voicemail options is key. We are here to help out. Regarding visual voicemail, and your unlocked S8; I unfortunately do have to be the bearer of less than desirable news. The unlocked S8 is only compatible with our standard voicemail service, as visual voicemail services are integrated into our branded devices. I recommend utilizing a third party solution, such as Google Voice, to add visual voicemail to your device.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I install the Verizon Visual Voicemail (Basic) app on my unlocked S8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SD10, ensuring that you have all the information on hand about our voicemail options is key. We are here to help out. Regarding visual voicemail, and your unlocked S8; I unfortunately do have to be the bearer of less than desirable news. The unlocked S8 is only compatible with our standard voicemail service, as visual voicemail services are integrated into our branded devices. I recommend utilizing a third party solution, such as Google Voice, to add visual voicemail to your device.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
xxNiceStratxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I unfortunately do have to be the bearer of less than desirable news."

All I needed to hear.  I'll be switching providers asap.