How can I get the phone to recognize mini SD Card?
jpm12

I have a 32G Sandisk SD Card in the G4 mini but one day the phone said the card was blank and unsupported.  I purchased another SD Card and installed it however the phone does not recognize that I have an SD card.  When I try and save music or pics to the card the phone says I have removed the storage.  How can I get the phone to recognize the card storage?

0 Likes
Re: How can I get the phone to recognize mini SD Card?
Klue
Master - Level 1

First of all do you Mount or Unmount the card from the settings menu before pulling the card out of its slot? Make sure that the option Mount is greyed out in you settings menu when the card is in the phone. If not select it.  If you pull the card out of the phone select Unmount first.  You can also try formatting the card from the same settings menu.  If these two things do not work, then either the card is defective or the card hardware slot is defective.

0 Likes
jpm12

Thanks for the rely, yes, I've unmounted removed and remounted again as well as reformatted.  It still gives me a

'storage unavailable' message even though this is a brand new card.

Any other settings to change that would get the phone to recognize the card? 

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Don't know of any other settings to change.  Does your present card work in other devices? If it does it could be the phones hardware. I would try another card from a different manufacturer with a different capacity. Better yet if you can get a card from another persons working S4 to see if your phone recognizes that one.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

replace the card, phone didn't come with the sd card, you had to add it & they do fail.

0 Likes