How can I get rid of this Lollipop update? My phone drains faster than it can take a charge!
MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've just spent 4 hours on the line w/ Verizon support agents who were all very nice, but nobody could solve my problem.  Without anything else happening on my phone, I hit an icon to launch an app, and it takes like 2 minutes for anything to happen.  The battery drains faster than it can get charged in SAFE MODE!

Is there a way to go back to the old OS without rooting?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get rid of this Lollipop update?  My phone drains faster than it can take a charge!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your device MichaelBee. I regret to hear you are experiencing difficulties with the battery life after the software update. After updating the software on your device, there is not a way to revert the software back to the previous software. In addition, rooting the software on your device will void the manufacture's warranty. When did you update the software on your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

Re: How can I get rid of this Lollipop update?  My phone drains faster than it can take a charge!
Snn5
Legend

No way to revert. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your device MichaelBee. I regret to hear you are experiencing difficulties with the battery life after the software update. After updating the software on your device, there is not a way to revert the software back to the previous software. In addition, rooting the software on your device will void the manufacture's warranty. When did you update the software on your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Saturday (3/7) and since then I've spent hours on the line w/ Verizon support and reading in forums.  I've tried everything under the sun only to give myself about an extra 4 hours of battery life ( up to 6 hours no on a full charge ).

This is absolute crap that we are forced to be on this version. It should be up to the consumer on if we want to be BETA testers.  I don't have the time to be Samsung's lackey.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

What device are you using? If its the S5, I would suggest using the Snapdragon Battery Guru app....worked for me in the past. Helps manage how apps are allowed to operate and keeps things running at a bare minimum until you need them to conserve battery life.

MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I have been using the built-in battery monitor as well as the application manager.  It helps seeing the processes that are chewing away at your phone's RAM and battery, but at this point, it's not even helpful anymore.

I don't think 'Samsung.Settings' is something I can disable on my phone and that is what's hogging up 80% of my phone's resources.  (Fresh boot and all)

What really irks me is that I've never signed up to be a BETA tester for Samsung which is basically what we all are doing... Factory reset, remove all apps, add each app back individually, find what app(s) are causing the problems, etc.

No - this should have been vetted out long before they decided to push out an OS update that has no backward motion of loading the previous OS...

<Rant off>

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

It would help if Verizon didnt feel the need to bog down the OS with all of their bloatware....VZ Navigator, VZ app store, ringtone store, VCast crap, etc. I don't need all your extra crap to know I have your service...Im reminded everytime it turns on. How about you let me choose how to get my navigation, ringtones, and apps? Not to mention that you have to disable their apps because they are constantly trying to do stuff in the background. Just once I wish they would release a phone on Android without loading anything unnecessary on it. No more NFL mobile, or Tetris trials, or YouTube, or Amazon, or Audible, or anything Verizon branded....just let me get the phone with the barebones OS and enough Verizon software for the phone to run on the network....let me choose everything else. Apple can do it, why cant you leave Android alone????

Snn5
Legend

All Verizon apps I have are disabled save one app that cannot be disabled.  They don't run or update.

jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Thats what I had to do to. I just wish they wouldn't load them on there.....

MichaelBee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have found a band-aid solution:  reboot my phone every hour.

My reasoning:  I've been closely monitoring my phone to see what's causing this crap to happen, and as we all have probably learned by now, the battery monitor shows the Android OS is taking 30% of my battery/RAM closely followed by Android System using up 26% of my battery/RAM.  If I reboot every hour, it takes it about that long before those get up that high again.  A fresh boot gets them down to under 15% for a while.

0 Likes