How can I determine which app used my data overnight?
mlane13
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I determine which app used most all of my 2GB data in a 2 hour period while I was asleep? I clearly was not using my phone however I woke up to an overage text for my data plan. I want to uninstall this app so it cannot happen again. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I determine which app used my data overnight?
mlane13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android. Yes I went to my settings and found it was Pinterest...1.58 GB gone in a few hours and I didn't even know it. Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

What phone model?  Androids and Apples have tools that allow you to see which apps use how much data in whatever period of time you want to know about.  Usually, the tools needed are built into the settings menus within the mobile/cellular settings and 3rd party apps are also available.

0 Likes
mlane13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android. Yes I went to my settings and found it was Pinterest...1.58 GB gone in a few hours and I didn't even know it. Thanks so much!

Snn5
Legend

Glad that helped.  Be mindful of WiFi settings too.  You might check to make sure (if using WiFi at night) that you have settings set to NOT avoid weak connections or revert to mobile data if no connection to the net, even if a connection to the router, is detected.

0 Likes