How can I change the way I enter my voice mail password?
Hudsoner

I am brand new to Verizon and have a question about the voice mail password.  It says on the Verizon website that one cab program the phone in such a way that dialing voice mail (*86) can be combined in the form of some kind of a macro to include the password.  Nowhere it says how this is done.

Can somebody please walk me through the process on a Samsung Galaxi 4?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice mail password
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hudsoner - Let's make sure you can conveniently access your voice mail!  To edit your voice mail contact to include the password go to Phone app, press Menu, choose Call Settings then Voice Mail Settings. Click Voice mail number and start editing the number. The number should read *86PP password. The P stands for pause so that the call will have enough time to connect(add more if it is too quick to password.) We also offer the awesome Visual Voice Mail http://www.vzw.com/visualvoicemail that allows you to access messages real time through an app without a password entered everytime. Please keep me updated as I would be happy to help further if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: voice mail password
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hudsoner - Let's make sure you can conveniently access your voice mail!  To edit your voice mail contact to include the password go to Phone app, press Menu, choose Call Settings then Voice Mail Settings. Click Voice mail number and start editing the number. The number should read *86PP password. The P stands for pause so that the call will have enough time to connect(add more if it is too quick to password.) We also offer the awesome Visual Voice Mail http://www.vzw.com/visualvoicemail that allows you to access messages real time through an app without a password entered everytime. Please keep me updated as I would be happy to help further if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes