How Do I Stop My Phone From Freezing When Typing?
dsamueldw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kb freezes when typing, any fix

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kb freezes when typing, s7 edge
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Limited information there Smiley Happy, but I'll take a stab.

I had the same issue, I think.  The keyboard letters would show up as usual when being tapped but nothing would type on the screen.  My only two options was to restart the phone, or, what I found that seemed to work was to leave whichever app completely and go back in.  Frustrating but it seemed to kickstart the keyboard again.

I also went in to Settings, Language and Input and selected Samsung Keyboard.  Then, I went down to Keyboard swipe and changed the setting to None and turned off Predictive Text (which turns off the auto-correct and such).  Not sure if that actually did anything but it seemed to stop the freezing up.

Apparently there are other keyboards available from the app store but I didn't go into the research there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Limited information there Smiley Happy, but I'll take a stab.

I had the same issue, I think.  The keyboard letters would show up as usual when being tapped but nothing would type on the screen.  My only two options was to restart the phone, or, what I found that seemed to work was to leave whichever app completely and go back in.  Frustrating but it seemed to kickstart the keyboard again.

I also went in to Settings, Language and Input and selected Samsung Keyboard.  Then, I went down to Keyboard swipe and changed the setting to None and turned off Predictive Text (which turns off the auto-correct and such).  Not sure if that actually did anything but it seemed to stop the freezing up.

Apparently there are other keyboards available from the app store but I didn't go into the research there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dsamsueldw, a freezing phone is never what we want for you. When did you first see this happen? Does this happen when using a specific application? Any new apps, games or software?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes