How Do I Set Up Hands free Texting?
Hosshoss2

I am trying to find a way to send and receive text messages hands free in the car.  My windows phones always did so automatically.  I drive a lot and it is much safer to use hands free.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How Do I Set Up Handsfree Texts?
justjayhere
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are multiple ways to achieve this... one of which is downloading "Android Auto" you can now use it just on your phone as a stand alone app (without having a compatible car stereo). If you have the capability of connecting your phone via Bluetooth to your car... you can set app to automatically open when you turn your car on and it connects to your phone. I personally use this method on my S7 Edge.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do you set up the edge 7 to send and recieve texts handsfree? My windows phone did it automatically.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hosshoss2, being hands free on the road is very important. We definitely want to help get you setup. What application are you using to message? Have you checked out Verizon Messages +? Check it out here >> http://vz.to/2iVwHkJ

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mrskooshie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Open up Google Now and go through the set up, make sure that you set up the voice feature.

0 Likes
justjayhere
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are multiple ways to achieve this... one of which is downloading "Android Auto" you can now use it just on your phone as a stand alone app (without having a compatible car stereo). If you have the capability of connecting your phone via Bluetooth to your car... you can set app to automatically open when you turn your car on and it connects to your phone. I personally use this method on my S7 Edge.

0 Likes