How Do I Disable The Call Waiting Notification?
DeanneMc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed it was asked almost a year ago but there is no answer.

I don't want to disable call waiting I simply want to disable the annoying beep that happens when I'm on a call. It's intrusive and you miss parts of conversations.

Is there a way to shut the beep off?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call waiting notification- deactivate
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How does Call Waiting work?

When you're on call and a second call comes in, you'll hear a tone to let you know that you have another call. When that happens, you have two choices:

1. Put the first call on hold by pressing "Send." You'll automatically be connected with the second call. To return to the first call, press "Send" again. To switch between the two calls, press "Send."

-OR-

2. End the first call by asking the first caller to hang up. This automatically connects you to your waiting call.

To cancel Call Waiting: Before a call, dial *70 + the 10-digit number you are calling + "Send."

That's how call waiting works.  Turning off the beep means turning off call waiting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't get the beep to alert you to another incoming call, then how are you notified?  If there is no notification of an incoming call, then what is the point of having call-waiting activated?  Am I missing something?

0 Likes
DeanneMc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, you're missing that I asked how to shut it off. I know what it does, I know why it does it, thanks for that insight, but it wasn't the question.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Deactivate call waiting...  but you said you didn't want to do that.  As far as I know, deactivating call waiting, either permanently or on a per call basis, is the only way to turn off the notification.  Call waiting is, by definition, a feature that alerts you by a beeping tone that there is another incoming call....

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How does Call Waiting work?

When you're on call and a second call comes in, you'll hear a tone to let you know that you have another call. When that happens, you have two choices:

1. Put the first call on hold by pressing "Send." You'll automatically be connected with the second call. To return to the first call, press "Send" again. To switch between the two calls, press "Send."

-OR-

2. End the first call by asking the first caller to hang up. This automatically connects you to your waiting call.

To cancel Call Waiting: Before a call, dial *70 + the 10-digit number you are calling + "Send."

That's how call waiting works.  Turning off the beep means turning off call waiting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying, DeanneMc. We understand your feel the beep for call waiting is intrusive. There is not a way to remove the beep sound at this time.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KittyW777
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now May, 2019 and Verizon STILL does not allow the IPhone to have the feature within settings to turn on or off call waiting. Your solutions (per my phone call with representative and research) is to call customer service and permanently disable call waiting or deal with the insanity of these scammers and spammers blowing up your phone every 15 seconds while on a business call. Oh and flash alert - your solution of of *72 or whatever would only work if for initiated, not received calls. And did Verizon even consider the crazy possibility that during normal business hours and normal course of business, a person may not want call waiting, BUT what if they were actually expecting an urgent call that afternoon? Me, the customer, would first have to call in and spend 10 min convincing the AI robot to let me speak with an actual person, then verify all account info and spend approximately 20 min at a minimum to turn call waiting back on (during which time the expected important call might be missed), and then at the end of the day, or after the important call, the customer/me would have to go through the whole AI robot to speak to a person to then waste another 20 min to turn it back off. Are you guys serious? There is literally NO way possible to block all the “unknown” and foreign spoofed numbers - the paid services to block are utterly ineffective! At least for the love of God allow Apple to put this built in iPhone feature that other carriers don’t remove on the fudging phone like it should be on the list - under settings and phone!!!!!!!!!!