How Do I Delete One Of The Numbers From A Contact?
suebee749
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a contact on my phone that has three phone numbers.  One of those numbers is no longer valid. I cannot figure out how to delete just that one number.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to delete one phone number from 2 phone numbers for one contact
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the contact open, tap Edit, tap the phone number you want to remove, press backspaces until it's gone, then tap Save.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the contact open, tap Edit, tap the phone number you want to remove, press backspaces until it's gone, then tap Save.

Borkborkbork
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI, this does not work.  The additional number does not appear in the edit screen anymore but it still appears on the main contact screen.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help further. Please tell us more. What's the model of your phone? Next to the number, does it show if it's saved from another app? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
nyukcubed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same issue. How do we get rid of the old number? this is on multiple contacts I have.

0 Likes
Bonden
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, and its a problem. Number is deleted in edit screen and contact is saved, but number still shows in contact page for that contact, repeat, save, same problem, etc, etc...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting the issue with contacts resolved. What we suggest you is to delete the contact, restart your device and save with the correct number. Please keep us posted. 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
Bizzigram
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am about to change carriers.  THIS inability to edit phone numbers for contacts has been a persistent problem with Verizon.

Klue
Master - Level 1

The way I edit my phone numbers, delete the contact then add it again with the new information.

0 Likes
Re: How Do I Delete One Of The Numbers From A Contact?
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I have noticed this also about deleting a number or changing a number in a contact and it still being there. Do you have Verizon cloud to save or backup contacts or google or both? The number is still showing from one or both of them. Update Verizon Cloud to get rid of the old number (run app to backup). The number can be saved or stored in one or the other or both.  If the number is also in Google you would have to update the number saved in Google. If you just have have it backed up with Verizon the next time Verizon Cloud does a backup the number will then disappear if you don't want to do a backup right away. I think this will solve the problem.

0 Likes