How Do I Add A Shortcut On my Samsung Galaxy S7?
Dj9281
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I add a shortcut for mobile hotspot under the settings menu so that I can just click one icon and have it automatically open to the mobile hotspot area?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I add a shortcut on Samsung S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dj9281, having quick access to that hot spot certainly will make life easier. We are happy to share that this is indeed available for the S7. Simply pull down the Notifications bar on your home screen. Slide the bar over and you will see that there is an option for Mobile Hot Spot right within your notifications panel. This makes that connection nice and quick.

Was there anything additional that we might assist with today?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EddieH
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you want a shortcut within the setting menu:

Pull down the notification screen

Select the settings gear near the upper right corner

Pull down on the setting menu to reveal Quick settings

Check up to 9 setting headlines wanted

Press the back button to go back to setting menu

If you want a shortcut on the home screen:

There are many apps in the Google Play Store and I assume iTunes for creating shortcuts.  Search for 'shortcut' or 'settings shortcut' in either store.  Choose one with a high user rating and acceptable permissions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dj9281, having quick access to that hot spot certainly will make life easier. We are happy to share that this is indeed available for the S7. Simply pull down the Notifications bar on your home screen. Slide the bar over and you will see that there is an option for Mobile Hot Spot right within your notifications panel. This makes that connection nice and quick.

Was there anything additional that we might assist with today?

LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Dj9281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great now how do I make that hotspot access as a shortcut icon on my home

screen?

---

Sent from my mobile device

On Feb 26, 2017 9:20 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if Samsung has the same option available but, on my PIXEL XL, I can long press the home screen, select add widget, scroll down to settings, drag and drop to add settings widget, then select hotspot as the setting I want it to toggle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EddieH, having the hot spot on the home screen definitely would be convenient. At one point there was a Verizon application just for this feature. The newer devices are no longer using it and only has the switch in the drop down menu. I believe this was done to save room on the home screen. Sorry about that. Did you have any more questions for us?

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Um, it's a stock Android option, doesn't matter if Verizon built a widget for it or not, just a matter of whether Samsung included it or pulled it out.