How Can I Set Up A Downloaded Ringtone On My Device?
FALCONFAN

How do I make a ringtone that is in my Samsung file (already downloaded). The guy at the Verizon store couldn't do it!  I used this on my Galaxy s5.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting up a downloaded Ringtone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you need to move the file to the Ringtones folder on the internal memory space using the My Files application (file explorer app) in order for the phone to recognize the file as available ringtone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you used the My Files app to ensure that the ringtone is located in the phone's Ringtones folder?

0 Likes
FALCONFAN

No. Is that an app I need to download? It is located in the "My Files" area that is inside the Samsung folder. I also turn off a ton of apps that I don't use and may have turned off something that needs to be on. What pre-loaded apps would I need turned on?

thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Files is a preloaded Samsung file manager app; if you don't see it in your app drawer, it may be in a folder called Tools that's also in the app drawer.  The ringtone needs to be moved from the Samsung folder to the Ringtones folder, which you can do with the My Files file manager app; or you could connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable, pull down the notification shade and change it from Charging to File Transfer, and then 'drag-and-drop' the file.

FALCONFAN

Sorry, had difficulty replying, as an icon to reply was not available when I first viewed your last response. I went to the app store and there are several versions of "my files" and file managers. Which one do you specifically recommend. Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy here... may have to "dumb down" this a little for me...

thanks again.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need to download a file manager app from the Play Store as the one mentioned earlier (My Files) is preloaded on Samsung phones, as noted earlier.  The My Files app should be in your app drawer; depending on which phone you have (you haven't stated), it could be in a folder in the app drawer labeled Tools (like on an S6) or in a folder labeled Samsung (like on an S7).

0 Likes
FALCONFAN

Sorry, I've been away from my computer awhile. I just did what you recommended (connected it to my laptop, transferred the sound file out of the "download" file and into the "Ringtone" file. It is not showing up on my phone when I go to the settings and look at the list of ringtones. I restarted my phone and it's still not there. I do have a related question. Which pre-installed apps do I need to have turned on to be able to play this? I did disable a lot of stuff on my phone that I don't use or didn't think I needed.

thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try rebooting the phone and see if that helps.  Another option is to see if the ringtone is available via  ZEDGE™ Ringtones & Wallpapers - Android Apps on Google Play

FALCONFAN

Reboot, as in wiping the phone rebooting??? Don't want to do that!! Took me forever to get everything set up. thanks for all of your help. I'm going to try to get help on some galaxy forums.

thanks again.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reboot as in turn your phone off, wait a minute or so, and then turn the phone back on.

0 Likes