Home Key Noise
rfd177
Enthusiast - Level 3

a search for this on VW came up empty. about two weeks ago my S4's home key began making a clicking noise. before that... no noise at all. I'm concerned because the phone is only 4 months old and if it breaks i'm sure I'll have to use insurance to get a new one.

Is anyone else experiencing this??

0 Likes
Re: Home Key Noise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rfd177,

I want to ensure that you have a fully functioning device! Is the clicking noise that you hear a faint noise similar to hitting the power button or volume keys? Does the home button still fully function?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rfd177
Enthusiast - Level 3

it still functions. the 'noise' portion was for the effect of the title... there was no noise when you pressed it previous to the issue I am experiencing now. The real issue seems like the click is plastic sounding (as opposed to electronic) like something may have shifted underneath, if that makes sense. It is difficult to press down (as opposed to the ease of use prior) due to whatever may be 'obstructing' the path of the button. and, it does change in the intensity of the difficulty to depress the button - without any previous operation - i.e. one time it will be hard to press with a more prominent click and the next it will be less, then go back to difficult. it wasn't consistent before - it would go back to being smooth and noiseless - but the last two days it has been happening each time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details rfd177. Based on this description, I recommend a hands on evaluation at a corporate store. Here's a link to assist with locations. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rfd177
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you the assistance. Got to drop into the store this afternoon and within 20 minutes I had a new phone ordered for shipping. apparently a defect in some of the devices.

0 Likes