Home Button on S-View Case Not working When the Case is Closed After Update to 4.4.2 - Extremely Annoying - Please Help
paperpromisesx3

Hello. I just downloaded the software update to KitKat 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4. I have only had the update for 3 hours so I haven't noticed what others are saying EXCEPT for the fact that the home button on my S-View case does not work when the case is closed. This is aggravating. I have the S-View case for a reason and now my home button it useless. Please advise on the steps needed to fix this.

0 Likes
Re: Home Button on S-View Case Not working When the Case is Closed After Update to 4.4.2 - Extremely Annoying - Please Help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paperpromisesx3,

I understand it's important to have full use of your case, let's get more information and try a few steps. Place phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1ltfPeS and test function with case. Also, have there been other changes, such as new screen protectors?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Home Button on S-View Case Not working When the Case is Closed After Update to 4.4.2 - Extremely Annoying - Please Help
paperpromisesx3

I rebooted in safe mode and the home button still doesn't work when my s-view case is closed. All it managed to do was get rid of most of my custom settings.

I have no new screen protectors. As I stated the button worked until my phone downloaded the KitKat upgrade.

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paperpromisesx3,

Sorry to hear the fix was not so simple! Let's get that working for you again. Try backing up and resetting the device: http://vz.to/1mixEwp . Retest and let us know how it's working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paperpromisesx3

with all due respect, I am not going to reset my phone. it has taken a lot of time to get it set up and organized. Is there a way to backdate it to a previous android version? this is related solely to the kitkat update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello paperpromisesx3,

I can understand your hesitation to reset your device. Unfortunately, there is no way to switch back to an old version of Android. Resetting would be the next recommended step to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paperpromisesx3

Reset device to factory settings to no avail. Also my data doesn't work since the Upgrade either

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your efforts paperpromisesx3! Since a factory reset did not resolve the issue, and your data is not working I recommend replacing the SIM card as this is the component that connect your phone to our network. Please stop by any Verizon Wireless store http://bit.ly/3SdsA and get a new SIM card free of charge.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes