High battery drain with Android System and Cell Standby
mgt92cobra

I have had an S7 since March and ever since then have had subpar battery life for having 30000ma. I have cleared the cache, reloaded the phone several times. Below are my averages after 12hrs. I also have a S5 to compare against and my averages for that are listed below as well. I love the phone with the features but am upset with the battery for an 800$ flagship phone I am not impressed.

S7 averages

19% Android System

16% Cell Standby

11% Android OS

S5 averages

1% Android System

1% Cell Standby

1% Android OS

Thanks,

Brad

0 Likes
Re: High battery drain with Android System and Cell Standby
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mgt92cobra mgt92cobra, ensuring your phone can last throughout the day is a must. Help is here as I understand the importance of a good battery. Battery usage can be dependant on how heavy of a user you are and what applications are being used on the device. May I recommend turning on Power Saving Mode to see if this helps. Click here for the steps. http://spr.ly/6586BNBjp

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RE10HS

This is a bad answer.  My phone did the same. . .after I did an update which  my phone acted like it was mandatory.  My phone was not draining before the update.  Suggesting that a person set their phone to 'Power saving mode' is not an answer.  I did that but I am still looking for the real solution!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Unless you have something better to offer you need to call tech from a different phone. Wiping the cache and it doing a full device wipe is always recommended after s software update, and it also takes time for developers to update to the latest software so you are going to see bugs.

0 Likes
stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

RE10HS we can’t have you constantly searching for a charger when the battery drains quickly. How long ago did you update the software and noticed the issue? How long is the phone lasting throughout the day?

StevenM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RE10HS

It's not new software, I've seen this problem in discussions dating back 2011.  Why haven't the Android programmers fixed this or removed the Cell Standby?  Others have followed those same instructions and had the same problems. 

I am a 34 year programmer.  I lasted this long  by not defending the incompetent of others.  I would suggest you do the same unless you are being paid to do this.

0 Likes
RE10HS

I don't understand your comment.  I have not been continuously searching for a new charger.

I stopped using the wireless charger due to the heat.  I now use the usb.

The problem occurred a few days after the update.  Battery can drain overnight (about 7 hours) to 60%.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Your comment proves that you didn't even comprehend or understand what I said. And just because you are a programmer doesn't mean you know what works in this situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RE10HS,

We want things running great for you at all times. Being able to count on your phone is important. That can seem like a lot but would workout to 17 to 18 hours of battery life. That would actually be pretty good. I know usage of course would have an effect as well but even when the phone isn't actively in use there are processes in the background still using data. That's why we would recommend battery saver at times as it stops many of those processes.

How long was the battery on the phone lasting for you before? How long does it seem to last during the day with normal usage?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes