Here's Another Galaxy S5 Marshmallow Glitch
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

Though most of moved our apps to the SD card, I've found that whenever you update your installed apps from the Play Store, Marshmallow tends to move them BACK to the Internal memory on the phone as part of the update!  Then you have to go back into the apps and manually move whatever you just updated up to the SD card !

0 Likes
Re: Here's Another Galaxy S5 Marshmallow Glitch
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

Play store utilizes internal storage for all app downloads. Probably because the SD card is there just an extra storage for picture, video etc. After the apps has been installed only then you can move them to an SD card. But it should not move it back to the internal storage if there will be an update. That can be quiet annoying specially for someone who manages storage a lot and has tons of apps installed.  I am not sure if this is a glitch or if it was intended. I have a Droid Turbo with Marshmallow and this doesn't happen. It would be best to chat or call tech and have this reported so It can be escalated and be included on the next update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are aware of this happening, DMZMAN. It’s true that installing the updates must take place on the original location, the phone. As a way to maintain some control over this, one option is to turn off the automated updates. This way you are able to periodically go to the Play Store to update the apps that you use on a regular basis.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

Automated updates ARE turned off.  Try again David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMZMAN,

Thank you for the clarification. Have you always had the automated updates turned off even before the marshmallow update?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes