Help!!
caballerova

I am having a major problem with messaging on my Galaxy 4s.  It constantly says that the message failed to be delivered or I get the endless spinning wheel.  I have talked to Verizon and did everything I was told, but yet again still having problems!! I have reset to the factory settings, have force stopped and cleared the data and nothing seems to work, this time around.  I never ever had this problem with my previous carrier, with whom I was for over 15 years.  At this point I just want to end my service and go back to my old carrier!  Extremelly unhappy with Verizon at this moment... Smiley Sad

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help!!
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try this from LA_Dizz on another thread. Seems to work for many.

Ok, so this seemed to work for me, and thanks to JMarks9282 for the solution.  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

It is true, MMS will not send over WiFi, on ANY carrier.  So, you just need to set up your phone so that it toggles between WiFi and Mobile Data.  Here is a step by step:

1. Make sure that the Mobile Data button is checked (in the settings section).
  2. Make sure that you're connected to LTE/CDMA (not Global) - also in the settings section under More Networks.
  3. REBOOT your phone. This does not mean just restarting it.  It means remove the battery WHILE the phone is ON. 
  4. Wait for a couple of minutes and pop the battery back in and RESTART it. 
  5. Go to Settings < WiFi < Then push the bottom left menu button next to (to the left of) your home button. This will bring up a menu with 5 options.
  6. Click Advanced.  The "Check for Internet Service" box NEEDS to be checked.  This setting allows for your phone to switch between WiFi and 4G automatically as needed.

I didn't have any issues sending MMS (group or pictures) immediately after doing this, but my boyfriend did. So, he rebooted his phone again after completing step 6, and it worked like a charm.  Hope this helps someone else!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try this from LA_Dizz on another thread. Seems to work for many.

Ok, so this seemed to work for me, and thanks to JMarks9282 for the solution.  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

It is true, MMS will not send over WiFi, on ANY carrier.  So, you just need to set up your phone so that it toggles between WiFi and Mobile Data.  Here is a step by step:

1. Make sure that the Mobile Data button is checked (in the settings section).
  2. Make sure that you're connected to LTE/CDMA (not Global) - also in the settings section under More Networks.
  3. REBOOT your phone. This does not mean just restarting it.  It means remove the battery WHILE the phone is ON. 
  4. Wait for a couple of minutes and pop the battery back in and RESTART it. 
  5. Go to Settings < WiFi < Then push the bottom left menu button next to (to the left of) your home button. This will bring up a menu with 5 options.
  6. Click Advanced.  The "Check for Internet Service" box NEEDS to be checked.  This setting allows for your phone to switch between WiFi and 4G automatically as needed.

I didn't have any issues sending MMS (group or pictures) immediately after doing this, but my boyfriend did. So, he rebooted his phone again after completing step 6, and it worked like a charm.  Hope this helps someone else!

0 Likes
caballerova

I did everything as instructed, but still does not sent messages, actually

the people to whom it will not go are ones that have iphones....one a

iphone 4 and the other has a iphone 5.......FRUSTRATING!!!!!! Looking into

changing back to Sprint, where I never had these problems!! Verizon sucks

at this point!!! Sooooooo unhappy with this carrier!!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Are you a former i phone user? if so you will have to turn off i messages on your old device then degregister your iphone from your apple acct.

0 Likes
caballerova

No, I have always had androids Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

caballerova,

That is a major problem. But we've got major solutions and are more than happy to provide one. Now, I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done so I'd like to go in a different direction. Is this issue 100% persistent or intermittent? What's your zip code? Are you consistently hooked up to Wi-Fi when this happens? And when did this begin? We don't want to see you leave when we're sure there's a reasonable explanation for things.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
caballerova

I took my phone into a Verizon store and after they did a update and

fiddled around trying to get my messaging to go through, it worked...for

about 15 min then it stopped. Ugh!! I did a clear dats and force stop and

rebooted...and still no luck ...then the next morning, tried again and it

worked. It only sends sms not mms messages...frustrsting cuz u have to

break up and send short sentences...I give up...now my son's phone is

frozen since yesterday...it will not turn off...well for about 1 second