Help can't connect to home wifi with new S5
jornjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

just got my s5 yesterday im having the same problems at home, other computers are working just fine other phones work but mine just says (saved,secured)

i have tryed every thing i know checked every board i can think of and serched google and bing cant find the answer.

the guy that set my phone up wifi transfered my stuff from my s3 to this one in the store and it auto downloaded all my apps with out my wifi at home im allready over 75% data used in one day usually only use 45% all month. i can find a fix for this and im getting irratated because it will be costing me money soon!

0 Likes
Re: Help can't connect to home wifi with new S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jornjr,

Hmm that definitely is odd, let's get to the bottom of this. Are you able to connect to other wifi connections? Do you notice the connection is saved then just doesn't connect?

KarenC_VZW
Follow on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jornjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

i was able to connect to an open wifi but not any that have a password

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jornjr,

Hmm, that is odd let's get to the bottom of this and ensure you can connect to all wifi connections. Please try this: Settings> WiFi> Menu> Advanced> Uncheck Smart Network Switch. Also ensure your "Keep WiFi on during sleep" here are the steps for that: Settings> WiFi> Menu> Advanced> Ensure Keep WiFi on during sleep is set to "Always". Please let us know if this helps.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jornjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

smart network is unchecked and it was set to be on during sleep.

did a combination of turning them on and off still couldnt connect

0 Likes