Headphone jack stopped working after latest update.
JOSMOU9

Tried settings reset and cleared cashe.  Phone speaker works. 

0 Likes
Re: Headphone jack stopped working after latest update.
stef7
Master - Level 2

You cleared what cache? Application Caches via Settings? or the System Cache via the Boot/Recovery menu? It's generally the second one that you need to perform after an update leaves your device a bit flakey.

Are you using the same set of earbuds / headphones you used before?

You didn't happen to put a new case on your device since the last time you listened to music (sometimes, case construction and plug geometry means the plugs do not insert all the way into the device).

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

try another headset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSMOU9, making sure your device is functioning correctly after the latest software update is a priority. Allow us to further investigate the details. Can you please let us know if you have tried other headsets and received the same results? Also, do your current headphones work on other devices?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOSMOU9

Tried new headset and received the same results.  And the original headset worked in a new device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSMOU9, we want everything to work on your phone the way it should be. Sometimes when an update is performed, a software error can occur. A factory data reset may be needed to fix that issue. However, before doing that you would want to ensure there is no debris within the headphone port and ensure all your information is backed up.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes