Having difficulty connecting to some Wifi networks on Galaxy S6.
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having difficulty connecting to some WiFi networks on new Galaxy S6 edge. Using Cisco Network Set up. Setup seems unable to download certificates on this device. Sometimes get caught in constant loop of connect/disconnect when wifi in use. Connects to home wifi without issue but at work, have never successfully accessed the wireless on my new S6. Still having to take S4 to work for necessary wireless access. Have seen lots of posts for this issue on internet so it is an emerging problem. Anyone have suggestions/work around?

0 Likes
Re: Having difficulty connecting to some Wifi networks on Galaxy S6.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried to delete the work Wi-Fi connection and then reconnect, but before entering the password use "show advance option"? I've never had to use the "manual" setting, but perhaps you can manually set it up or use "proxy-config"? If it works at home then it sounds like an issue with how your work has their Wi-Fi set up. Do you happen to know which internet provider they use and their modem/router setup?

0 Likes
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

We (me the IT department at work) did try removing all settings, clearing browser cache. Unfortunately, it is a secure network that must "see" the phone and identify it so the manual setup doesn't work. I can access the "guest wireless" with this phone but experience the connect/disconnect loop that many others do. Oddly, my home wifi connection is rock solid.  My S4 connects to all those networks without any problems (had to resurrect it from it's storage box).

0 Likes
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Success! Today, my S6 completed the configuration process all by itself. I was attempting to log into the "guest" wireless (limited broadband but better than nothing) and the phone displayed a configuration screen not previously seen, connected, and stayed connected all day. No obvious reason why today but not the past 7 days. Checked for updates as I've read Samsung has been aware of the wifi issues but found none recorded. Hoping issue is resolved.