Having an issue with connecting my Unlocked Galaxy S8+ to Verizon?
MATMON44

Hi everyone! I just bought an unlocked Galaxy S8+ today and I am incredibly excited to start using it. I popped in my Verizon SIM card, and everything seems to work, but I am having a problem.

In the upper right of the phone (notifications bar), it says "Preferred Network" where it would normally say Verizon Wireless. Also, there is a roaming triangle where I normally see LTE. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any possible solutions?

I tried tweaking the APN settings but to no avail. I may have done it wrong though, so any help would be great. I have a current plan with Verizon as it is, and I would like to get this phone on there without an issue. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Having an issue with connecting my Unlocked Galaxy S8+ to Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Matmon44 That's a great question about connecting your phone to the network. Where was this device originally purchased? Has the phone ever worked on the Verizon network successfully?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATMON44, we want to make sure that you are able to use your new phone. Let's look into this issue further. What is your current ZIP Code so we can check if there is any known issues in your area? Have you tried powering the device off for 5 minutes then turning it back on?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings, network....should be cdma/lte

0 Likes