Having Issues Charging and Keep Charged
Kyraatcb

I started having issues charging my phone about 2 weeks ago.  It looks like it charges all night and even says it is 100% when it is plugged in and then when I unplug it it instantly drops to 15%.

Or if I do get it to charge (never more than 50%) then it sucks the battery really fast (even if it is off)

It seems to charge better with the Car charger.    I have tried a new battery and i am still getting the same issue.   I have tried clearing the cache and rebooting the phone, I called verizon tech support and no help.    Thinking it might be my charger but that wouldn't explain the issue of it dying fast (unless it really isn't charged I suppose)

Any ideas or people with same issue?  I am of course two months from my upgrade.  So I would rather chat here and find a solution before I fight with Verizon to try and get my upgrade early.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Having Issues Charging and Keep Charged
Chubs405

I have that issue too, but only with one of my chargers. I have 4 chargers but only one works! And even then I just had my phone plugged in for 5 hours and it went from 50% to 86%... I ordered a new battery to see if that was the problem but it's not, it's the stupid charging port. And apparently verizon won't replace your phone if that's broken.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Chubs405. A broken charging port can definitely be the cause of charging issues. Thanks for trying to replace the battery first. If you have insurance, you can file a claim for a damaged device at http://bit.ly/07CrqPK. Otherwise, we do have a few other replacement options. Are you eligible for an upgrade on any lines on your account? Would you consider purchasing a Certified Pre-Owned Device?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Chubs405

I went to respond to this and my phone restarted on its own 4 times in a row! This is seriously ridiculous... I'm not eligible for an upgrade for about a year, I have GRIP insurance but just discovered I have to pay a $100 deductible to get a replacement. And I was told a refurbished phone would be around $150... What happened to the good ole days when verizon would replace your phone with no catch??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have the very best device experience, Chubs405! We are able to honor the manufacturers warranty if a defect is present and the device is less than a year old. If there is damage to the port then insurance claim would be most cost effective option. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused!

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
rantnrav36
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the Samsung Update that I allowed to be installed on Fri, Jun 28th, my phone will not charge to 100% unless turned OFF overnight.  Then, as soon as I take it off the charger it drops to 40% even when use only text messaging.  Can this update be uninstalled?  I do not want to do a factory reset.

0 Likes