Re: Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
Kathy0529
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received this, too, just a few minutes ago.  I'm hoping that my original estimated shipping date of 04/18/2016 still stands, but I cannot verify because I keep getting an error when I go to check my submission.  Oh well, better late than never I guess!

0 Likes
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received that email too. Except when I checked my status yesterday (for the the past couple of weeks) it said my submission was accepted but no estimated shipping date. I submitted it March 9th or 10th!!! This is terrible. I sent a message to the customer service area yesterday - haven't heard anything back yet.

0 Likes
Kathy0529
Enthusiast - Level 3

tq802 - are you able to check your submission today? 

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

So people are just receiving the S2's and nobody has gotten Gear VR yet?  Gear VR is what I'm waiting for and my shipping status still says April 1st, maybe it was an April Fools joke or something!   It has said this on my status since March 22nd when I got the approval email, with no changes as of today.

0 Likes
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

No Kathy0529,my guess is they sent that email out to almost everyone and now everyone is checking their status... crashed the page!! So frustrating - I hate not being able to get a straight answer.

0 Likes
wguy05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got that today too. But on the status website it says shipping date of 4/8. I am very confused now.

0 Likes
Kathy0529
Enthusiast - Level 3

tq802 - I just got onto their site and got this message:

Submission Status

I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email.

There must be another issue, but as long as I have the emails from them and have seen my approval, I'm good.  I'll just check the site at another time.  🙂

0 Likes
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kathy0529 - you seem a lot more upbeat about this than the rest of us! I just was able to get on the site and I received that message as well. What the heck is going on with Samsung?!

0 Likes
wguy05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup! Thats what mine says now. Sounds like prizelogic will get 100 more phone calls over this today. Patience is a virtue.

Kathy0529
Enthusiast - Level 3

They've had so many issues from the beginning that I think I'm just used to it by now, from the watches going out of stock, then back in stock, to the wrong emails being sent out that we were getting the VR Gear because of something that we did, which we didn't, to now this.....just going w/the flow of the mistakes they keep making.

It is ridiculous and frustrating, but I've called and verified w/Prize Logic when the incorrect email came out that they have me receiving the S2 so I guess getting this email is more than I've rec'd in a little bit.

0 Likes