Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My submission for Gear VR was sent in on March 9th and approved on March 22nd.  The status has said for weeks now that the estimated ship date is 4/1/2016.  It is now the 6th and I've heard nothing.  I submitted a question to the promotions website customer service and they just said to check the status website for updates, and they were not help whatsoever.  Has anyone received their free promotion gear yet or heard anything useful on the delivery of these?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I submitted mine on March 9th as well but I don't even have a ship date yet! If you look at the (now updated) Terms and Conditions, it states:

Terms and Conditions amended March 19, 2016 to reflect initial supply of 300,000 Gear VR and 35,000 Gear S2 outlined below have been claimed and to provide an alternative Gift option in lieu of delayed Gift delivery (see below).

Gear VRs or Gear S2s claimed before March 18, 2016, may be sent within approximately six to eight weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form, but in some cases, it may take longer for delivery (some items may not deliver until approximately May, 2016 based on item availability).

When you check your status on the Samsun Promotions web site, click on the Terms and Conditions - the updated info is in blue. I know this doesn't help a whole lot, but it kind of explains their delay in a sense. At least you have a ship date though!

View solution in original post

tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I submitted mine on March 9th as well but I don't even have a ship date yet! If you look at the (now updated) Terms and Conditions, it states:

Terms and Conditions amended March 19, 2016 to reflect initial supply of 300,000 Gear VR and 35,000 Gear S2 outlined below have been claimed and to provide an alternative Gift option in lieu of delayed Gift delivery (see below).

Gear VRs or Gear S2s claimed before March 18, 2016, may be sent within approximately six to eight weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form, but in some cases, it may take longer for delivery (some items may not deliver until approximately May, 2016 based on item availability).

When you check your status on the Samsun Promotions web site, click on the Terms and Conditions - the updated info is in blue. I know this doesn't help a whole lot, but it kind of explains their delay in a sense. At least you have a ship date though!

Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

This is ridiculous, I can get a new phone delivered in 2 days but it takes 4+ weeks for a free watch?  If I was a conspiracy theorist I would think something funny is going on.  Samsung should be able to give a ship date as soon as the 24 day return policy has expired.

0 Likes
Febles21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah i just got mine today. they sent me an email that it was approved about 2 weeks ago and an email that it was shipped out about 3 days ago. The expected ship out date was this friday but I guess they were able to get it out to me pretty fast thankfully.

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

After you received your approval email about 2 weeks ago, did you ever see an estimated ship date on your status before you actually received your shipped email?

0 Likes
Febles21
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes my estimated ship date was this friday 4/8. It shipped out to me much soon than that though and i got it early

dezidez87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Febles could you clarify for us what version of the S2 they're sending? The one with a verizon sim (has its own number and requires the $5/mo data) or just the Bluetooth version (has to be used near the phone, like any other Bluetooth product).

Im anxiously awaiting mine. No ship date or anything. Have never even gotten an email. Just constantly check the status of my submission.

0 Likes
Febles21
Enthusiast - Level 2

They're sending out the 3g models. I couldn't tell you if they use a sim or not but it was easy enough for me to activate mine, I just had to call Verizon up and tell them about it. 5 dollars a month and has its own number. It can still be used as just a Bluetooth device if you don't want to activate it

0 Likes
vpellizzi

I received my S2 watch yesterday.

0 Likes
forgiven1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received this email today

Your Submission Has Been Approved!

Hello,

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number.

Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/4/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 4/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase. Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. While supplies last. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.

Privacy Policy
© 2016 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, Galaxy S, and Gear are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. OCULUS and the OCULUS logo are trademarks of Oculus VR, LLC. All other brand, product, and service names and logos are marks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Please do not reply to this email. If you need to contact us with questions or feedback, please contact .

Samsung Electronics America
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

0 Likes