Re: Has anyone had to fight for their BOGO rebate for the S-7 Edge?
BizyMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are still "pending" our rebate!!!

Purchased in May (10th), submitted in May (23rd) and was told by 3 different people in May that we would have the rebate on a Visa rebate care in about 45 days. The tracking site says (and has said this since early July) that verification should be complete on or by June 29, 2016. I was told we would receive the rebate in the mail a few days after that.

STILL WAITING!!!

I've called and spoken to the rebate center several times, also chatted online a few times - everyone gives me different times to expect rebate in mail. They are mostly quoting "8-10 weeks from _____" (fill in date - date of purchase, date of activation, date of verification, date of approval, etc. etc. etc.)

Even going on the maximum of 10 weeks from the last possible date known... we're beyond that.

There is no point in further contact with rebate center because NO ONE there is really knowing what's going on with this! 

Next step for me - is contacting BBB to complain.

I've considered writing a letter to Verizon - but I'm having trouble knowing the name of the proper person to write to. A general letter to the rebate center, or to the sales department would not bring anything different, in my opinion, than what they've already done, or not done.

I've been a Verizon customer a few years now - since Dec 2, 2011. I have several lines (big family) and we've done a number of special offers, rebates, etc. during this time and until this one the rebates have all come in before the maximum date of arrival - ALWAYS!

UNTIL NOW. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Babs56
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are not alone. If you search the forum, you'll see that many customers experience the same thing.

I purchased the Samsung S7 bogo in March 2016 and haven't received my rebate either. At the beginning of May I started contacting the rebate center. I took extensive notes on each telephone conversation and printed off every chat session I had. After not receiving my rebate by the end of June, I took my purchase agreement and all documentation to my place of purchase - Best Buy. It appeared that the mobile manager, Verizon and the rebate center had "escalated" my rebate and I was told to wait 15 days and if I didn't hear anything - to call Verizon (not the rebate center). With no resolve at 15 days, I called Verizon and the representative saw all the notes in my file and worked with the rebate center to again escalate my rebate. I even spoke with a rebate representative to confirm information. I received an email from the rebate center stating I would receive the card within 30 days and my status has changed on the rebate website. I'm at day 10, waiting. I'll keep you posted on this.

I spared all the details on the many communications I had with the rebate center prior to getting to this stage. I wrote the final phase out because that's where I think I got some results. Taking all my paperwork in hand to the place of purchase and escalating to the manager seemed to be the only way something changed.

Try not to get mad until you get what you want - your rebate. Good luck.

P.S. - SHAME ON VERIZON. YOUR REBATE CENTER IS DISHONEST AND IT APPEARS THEY TRY TO DECLINE REBATE REQUESTS AS PART OF THEIR BUSINESS MODEL. VERIZON - DID YOU ASK THEM TO TURN DOWN A CERTAIN PERCENTAGE OF REBATES?

0 Likes
Jasmith5368
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am going to the store where I purchased the phone and see if they are willing to help me with my rebate. I want them to have a chance to help clear this matter up. I will post the outcome.

0 Likes
amdew717
Enthusiast - Level 2

I experienced similar problems when I got my Samsung Galaxy S7 in June. I was supposed to qualify for a free 32-inch Samsung TV. The sales people at the Verizon store were the ones promoting it to me. So I sent in all the necessary information, only to be told by the Rebate Center that I did not qualify because I was NOT beginning NEW service. So I basically was disqualified for being a long-time Verizon customer! The Rebate Center was impossible to deal with. I told them it was the Verizon store that was insisting I submit the rebate and that they knew fully well that I was NOT beginning new service but just upgrading my phone with a new 2-year contract. But it made no difference. I think I won't bother with any more of these rebates; they aren't worth the hassle and I find it insulting as a customer. I think when this contract is over, I'll give AT&T a try.

0 Likes
Jasmith5368
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to the store. They were very nice and seems to be sincere in trying to help me with the rebate. At this point I know that any rebate that I may get will be from Verizon store and not from Samsung  (who initially offered rebate). I am waiting to see what management does for me.

0 Likes
Babs56
Enthusiast - Level 2

After much persistence and patience, I finally received my rebate from Verizon. Purchased in March and received near the end of July. It took a LOT of work.

My conclusion - it's the Rebate Center that is the root of the problem.

My suggestion - if no results from the Rebate Center, go to the place of purchase and escalate to a manager. They are the ones who sold you the deal in the first place.

And try not to get mad until you get what you want.

0 Likes
Jasmith5368
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still waiting for my rebate. I went to Verizon store and they were nice and seems to be trying to get me my rebate. They ask me to give them a little time to get it approved so that is what I'm doing. I will be happy to let you know the results as soon as I have some answers. Please keep me informed also

0 Likes
OneSix
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was unlucky enough to have purchased my phones during the ~one month interval in between the two promotions. The denied my request for a rebate, both Samsung and the third party vendor. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jasmith5368-

It's always exciting getting a new device, especially when there is an awesome rebate associated with the purchase. I certainly want to make sure that you are able to receive your rebate in no time. Have you attempted to call our rebate center yet: 1-800-457-0864. If so, did they give you any information as to why the rebate is delayed?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jasmith5368
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called the number you gave me already.  They said that I didn't submit my request for rebate within time period and I don't qualify for the rebate. Referred me back to the store where I purchased my phone. I am waiting for the manager to issue a credit to my account now. He said it would take a few days to get it approved. Hopefully waiting.

0 Likes