Has anyone had a problem taking successful pictures of checks for a bank app using a Galaxy S5?
Lupine4

I had no problems with making phone deposits on my Galaxy Stratosphere or on my husband's Galaxy S4.  However, after at least 20 tries on my new Galaxy S5, I kept getting error messages from the bank app indicating that it couldn't read it, to make sure the corners were within the frame or to make sure the MICR code was within the frame.  Even though I was certain I met all those criteria, and had plenty of light, nothing worked.  I even tried an old check that had been previously deposited via a different phone to see if it would work, but I had the same issues.  Any advice?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone had a problem taking successful pictures of checks for a bank app using a Galaxy S5?
Tessa8763

I had this issue until I put the check on a dark surface (dark wood table).  Then the app could see the edges of the check.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone had a problem taking successful pictures of checks for a bank app using a Galaxy S5?
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue, I eventually had to use my old phone on wi-fi to accept the deposit. I have not tried this yet, but maybe try lowering the resolution of the GS5 camera?

0 Likes
Lupine4

Thanks.  I'll try it.

0 Likes
Lupine4

Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Likes
ender23

I am also having the same issue using the Bank of America Mobile Application.

0 Likes
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to BofA Mobile support, the camera on the GS5 is very sensitive to the lighting conditions. They suggested to try a lower lighting. And maybe try toggling the flash on or off. The App uses whatever settings you have set for the camera at that time. So if the flash is turned on for your camera, then the App will use the flash to take pictures as well. Basically you just have to play with the camera settings until the app reads the picture correctly.. Good Luck all!

0 Likes
Lupine4

I appreciate the info.  I'll have to experiment with the camera settings.  Hopefully that will do the trick.

0 Likes