Has The Option to Turn Off Advanced Calling (HD Voice) Been Removed S6 Android 5.1.1?
notbitter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just updated to Android 5.1.1 on my Galaxy S6.  When I used to go to advanced calling (which I previously had activated), there used to be a checkbox that I could check or uncheck to turn advanced calling off.  I no longer have that checkbox.  I spoke to someone at technical support and they told me I no longer have the option to turn off HD voice (advanced calling) as the software update, "embedded HD voice in the system."  Can anyone confirm this?  I used to turn it off when I was in a weak VoLTE area and I started dropping calls.  Do others notice that the checkbox has been removed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has The Option to Turn Off Advanced Calling (HD Voice) Been Removed S6 Android 5.1.1?
notbitter
Enthusiast - Level 3

It turns out the first tech. was incorrect.  I spent some time with a different tech. today (who was awesome) and they set and reset my advanced calling and I now have the toggle switches back.

2015-08-18 00.45.54.png

View solution in original post

Re: Has The Option to Turn Off Advanced Calling (HD Voice) Been Removed S6 Android 5.1.1?
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

It can still be disabled after installing the same update on my Galaxy S6 edge, just as before -- I did notice that is was activated immediately after the update though...

0 Likes
notbitter
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's interesting...When I click on the "Advanced Calling" setting, I no longer have the option to disable it (see the screen shot).  I wonder if I need to contact someone else at Verizon support, since the first person I spoke with said that it was "embedded" and can no longer be disabled.

2015-08-18 00.02.18.png

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

And here is what I see on Galaxy S6 edge with Android 5.1.1:

Screenshot_2015-08-17-20-27-35.png

Screenshot_2015-08-17-20-27-46.png

Screenshot_2015-08-17-20-28-00.png

0 Likes
notbitter
Enthusiast - Level 3

It turns out the first tech. was incorrect.  I spent some time with a different tech. today (who was awesome) and they set and reset my advanced calling and I now have the toggle switches back.

2015-08-18 00.45.54.png