Re: Has Nougat Update for Galaxy S7 Edge broken wifi?
Domneu
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW support had me reset network settings, also try safe mode.  No joy. 

LUKE46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar issue with S7 as well

Leannarq
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  I called Customer support and was told that the only way to fix it is to do a Factory reset.  If anyone else has found a fix please let me know!

BJ2314
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem when I try to sign in to my wifi it turns off

MrJuice97
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue after the update to Nougat. Wifi intermittently turning-on and off. Unable to connect to any wifi networks (all of which work with my laptop and other devices, so it is clearly an issue with my phone.))

I have tried:

1) Restarting the phone after the install.

2) Clearing all network settings after the update installed, restarting the phone.

3) Clearing the partition cache after the update installed, restarting the phone.

4) Rebooting into safe mode after the update installed and attempting to connect to wifi.

All of the above were unsuccessful.

My wifi keeps turning on, notifying me of available networks, then turning off before I can complete the set-up process and/or netting an unable to connect message at which time the wifi radio turns off.

Any assistance is appreciated.

MGBench
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone confirmed that a factory reset will resolve this?

0 Likes
cal52216
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was one of the first posters here this morning.  My only option was a factory reset and it worked for me.  I have WIFi now, but had to go through all of my apps and login to everything.

sens1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just did a factory reset and the wifi is now fixed. Unfortunately, I am now working on redownloading and signing on to everything but it is fixed. The help support I talked to said it was either an issue with the download or there was an app that was previously downloaded that was interfering with the wifi connection.

MGBench
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You - At least i know the time spent won't be for nothing.

skirow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset fixed the wifi issue and I was able to restore all apps automatically.  Still have to login each of them but at least I don't have to manually download each app.