HOW do I file a complaint with someone higher than a regular rep?
MISSSD2003
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having NO success with speaking to someone higher up that can over ride decisions. I am starting to really hate Verizon and i've never had an issue with them, but this is ridiculous.

I'm going to have to take the long route and call BBB I see.

I'd hate to have to go to another company, but i can't take it anymore.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HOW do I file a complaint with someone higher than a regular rep?
deloused
Master - Level 3

MISSSD2003 wrote: lI totally get policy and procedures, however I've been a verizon customer for long enough that they can extend that courtesy. I could see if they stood to lose money."

If it helps, Verizon does lose money on every return since they are unable to resell the devices as new. Long term customers should actually be more familiar with company procedures so there less reason for a need to break policies. Making policy exceptions for some customers and not all actually causes inconsistencies, dissatisfaction for some customers, and can lead to potential legal issues.

The BBB encourages the clear & consistent policy usage and actually discourages making exceptions like the one you're asking for. One of the ways Verizon Wireless maintains their A+ rating is by applying policies consistently. Should you decide to use another carrier in the future just be aware that most industry polices are similar.

From the BBB website:

"It is important that employees be instructed to stick with the policy and not make oral promises as to exchanges, returns, refunds, and warranties that are inconsistent with the policy. Whenever possible receipts, themselves, should carry information on your refund and exchange policy."

Refunds, Exchanges and Returns: Customer Service - BBB Educational Consumer Tips - BBB serving Easte...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe someone here can provide direction if you let us know what the issue is.  You want a rep's decision to be reversed or changed but have given no details - it may or may not be realistic.  What is the issue?

0 Likes
MISSSD2003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I didn't add the details of my issue because rather than getting into detail...I thought the feedback would perhaps be "cut and dry." My issue is not with a representative. It's with a product I purchased and am dissatisfied with.

I was finally able to speak with a manager however after I posted this.

Thanks for the attempt to help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MISSSD2003, no need to go elsewhere. We want you to love us again. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows us to hear your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you in the future. What happened to make you upset?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MISSSD2003
Enthusiast - Level 2

I traded my Galaxy S5 for a Moto Z....1 day....before the "30 day holiday return period"...I hate this phone and they will not honor that 1 day and allow me to exchange it.

You would still be making money off me, however greed rules.

I totally get policy and procedures, however I've been a verizon customer for long enough that they can extend that courtesy. I could see if they stood to lose money.

I actually not shocked. I used to defend verizon to all those people who complained..NOW I get it.

so I am stuck with a phone I hate because I will not...pay for the phone just to get another one.

I've already filed a complaint with the BBB. Maybe they can talk some sense into someone there.

"Theprice of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it"HenryDavid Thoreau

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Patpatschleg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go ahead and cancel your services.    Take my word for it

You won't get any help from anyone.  The reps jobs are to tell you everything on the system (you can see this yourself) and put you on hold as they make fun of your frustration till you get [Removed]  then with purpose, adjacently disconnect the call so you can waist another day running 3 min different than the rest of the world.

Is it worth the price?    I think not

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

MISSSD2003 wrote: lI totally get policy and procedures, however I've been a verizon customer for long enough that they can extend that courtesy. I could see if they stood to lose money."

If it helps, Verizon does lose money on every return since they are unable to resell the devices as new. Long term customers should actually be more familiar with company procedures so there less reason for a need to break policies. Making policy exceptions for some customers and not all actually causes inconsistencies, dissatisfaction for some customers, and can lead to potential legal issues.

The BBB encourages the clear & consistent policy usage and actually discourages making exceptions like the one you're asking for. One of the ways Verizon Wireless maintains their A+ rating is by applying policies consistently. Should you decide to use another carrier in the future just be aware that most industry polices are similar.

From the BBB website:

"It is important that employees be instructed to stick with the policy and not make oral promises as to exchanges, returns, refunds, and warranties that are inconsistent with the policy. Whenever possible receipts, themselves, should carry information on your refund and exchange policy."

Refunds, Exchanges and Returns: Customer Service - BBB Educational Consumer Tips - BBB serving Easte...

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

It sucks that you missed it by one day but that's just the thing YOU missed it. Not Verizon. When you purchased the phone you agreed to the 14 day return policy and its no one else's fault but your own that it took you this long to decide you hated the phone.

And Verizon will lose money the Motorola Z that you have is 624.00 and you've had it at least since the end of November so there is no way that Verizon can resell that device as a new phone and make the same amount that YOU agreed to pay for it in the beginning when you willingly signed your agreement.

You are literally mad because a multibillion dollar company will not fix the mistake you made on your own

[Removed]

discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

0 Likes