HELP Setting up visual voicemail for samsung s5
misslnwright

I am trying to access my visual voicemail on my new phone and I keep getting this error: "Unable to verify subscription status. Please try again later". I don't know what to do to get this set up. I thought it was as simple as activating my new phone and everything transferring over.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP Setting up visual voicemail for samsung s5
annadot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone via Twitter actually already got me set up!

Thanks so much for your help!

On Jun 21, 2014 1:17 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your brand new phone, misslnwright. Did you previously have visual voice mail set up? If not, we want to make sure the account is set up for this awesome feature. This can even be added via My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jsim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  Yes I had it before,  and it was removed when new so was activated,  but I have added it to my account again,  but still get the error code

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jsim

I want to ensure your Visual Voice Mail application is working on your device as well!  Are you using it for the same model device, Samsung Galaxy S 5?  When did the application stop working?  Lastly, what is the exact error message you get when you attempt to launch the application?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
joehamed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem

0 Likes
joehamed
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says unable to verify subscription status

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you aren't missing any important messages, joehamed. Did you verify that you have the visual voicemail feature on your account through My Verizon? Are you able to access your voicemail inbox by dialing *86?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry this is happening with your voice mail joehamed. Please try powering phone all the way off, then re-add feature via My Verizon, http://vz.to/1ottQL0, then power back on and try to set up on your phone. Let's see if this helps. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
annadot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having issues with my visual voicemail. It is definitely active on my account and I can access my voicemail via *86 with the correct password, but I use that same password to log into visual and get this error: "Password incorrect or not entered."  I have changed my VM password 4 times this AM trying to get it to work. I can log into VM via *86 each time.

This is a service I pay extra for and I want it to work!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi annadot - Let's get your Visual Voice Mail back on track! Have you ever been able to use this voice mail feature? Please try resetting the app by going to Settings>Apps>All>Visual Voice Mail>Clear cache and/or data, then test again.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes