visionfounder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since my S7 Edge does not support MHL, how may connect it to an HDTV through HDMI?

0 Likes
Re: HDTV
rcschnoor
Legend

That would depend on the TV in question. Samsung TVs would be able to connect thru proprietary Samsung software available on the phone. Another way would be thru Google Chromecast if connecting to a non-Samsung TV. I am sure there are other ways to make a connection.

visionfounder
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have been more specific. This would be for use in hotels where I don’t have a choice of TVs and wifi is not fast enough for HD.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

visionfounder-

I love being able to utilize my phone with my television. I'm on the scene and eager to help right away. I'd like to make sure that we are on the same page. Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do with your phone and the TV? Are you wishing to mirror your phone onto the TV or the TV onto your phone?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
visionfounder
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to play movies that are stored on my phone on an HDTV using HDMI. Easy to do on my S5 with a cheap MHL adapter, but not on my S7 Edge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Visionfounder, I totally understand wanting to stream from your phone to your TV. Technology has been gravitating from wireline to wireless streaming via Bluetooth and WiFI. Do you have a normal or smart TV? Have you searched for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge HDMI adapters?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes