Group text messages are now being sent to individuals as SMS texts...
tjg5181

Group text messages are now being sent to individuals as SMS texts starting new strings of texts and will not connect to each other.  This began about two weeks ago.  I am using Messages + , I have uninstalled all updates then reinstalled them, cleared cache and data, restarted phone, turned off mobile data, turned it back on, turned off wifi, turned it back on, I have done everything that I can think of however cannot get this to work, and it is a pain around this time of the year attempting to communicate with everyone all at once for the holidays.  Can you please look into this for me?

0 Likes
Re: Group text messages are now being sent to individuals as SMS texts...
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Assuming you mean when you generate a group text message (not receiving) when you generate a group text message are you making sure that "group" is selected and not "just me"?

0 Likes
Bradly74

I had the same problem with the latest update for Messages+. I communicate with my Team at work and with my church group with Group MMS. But now its wanting to send it out to the members as a "mass text" instead of a Group MMS.

My problem was I had to clck on the Names above the convo (Stacy, Debbie, Robert, Dennis etc) then change from Just Me to Group, then hit the back button to go back to the convo. I had to do this to all my group convos, but it fixed the issue.

0 Likes
Bradly74

Samsung Galaxy S5 with Messages+ 4.6

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

My assumption is with the update instead of it changing to group automatically, it stays on just me. Something to be fixed the next update I'm sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to have group conversations tjg5181. I use Verizon Messages+ myself and I do know when you start your message and the second person you add will give you a option below the name to send as a group or just me. Do you see that options?

AmberFF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MiiHere Although it’s inconvenient we appreciate that you understand it is due to the upgrade. The manufacturer’s are really good with new updates to correct issues caused by recent updates. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes