How do I send a group text on Galaxy s10e?
brucet10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an s10e. I need to figure out how to create a group for texting co-workers. There is about 35 total people. Also, i need to figure out how to make sure that when someone answers my text, all the other receipients dont get them. Thanks. Bruce

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Group Texting on s10e
Klue
Master - Level 1

From a simple Google search.

How to create a group on Galaxy S10 and add contacts to it [easy steps]
Want to create a group on Galaxy S10? Follow the steps below to know how to create a group of your contacts and add members to it afterwards. We also include the steps on how to delete the group later on.

Open Contacts app.
Tap the Settings menu icon at the upper left (three horizontal lines).
Tap Create group.
Create a group name.
If you want, you can also assign a ringtone for this group.
Tap Add member to begin adding contacts to this group.
Select the contacts you want to add.
Tap Done at the bottom.
Tap Save.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brucet10, having a group message absolutely allows you to free up some extra time. Klue has provided the exact steps for your device to create that group message. When sending a group message you may change how replies return by going to the Messenger, selecting the 3 dots for settings, choose Advanced, and then select Group Messaging to select the option that works best for your return messages.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if anyone in the group replies, everyone sees the reply.

0 Likes
brucet10
Enthusiast - Level 1

there a setting to stop that

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

From a simple Google search.

How to create a group on Galaxy S10 and add contacts to it [easy steps]
Want to create a group on Galaxy S10? Follow the steps below to know how to create a group of your contacts and add members to it afterwards. We also include the steps on how to delete the group later on.

Open Contacts app.
Tap the Settings menu icon at the upper left (three horizontal lines).
Tap Create group.
Create a group name.
If you want, you can also assign a ringtone for this group.
Tap Add member to begin adding contacts to this group.
Select the contacts you want to add.
Tap Done at the bottom.
Tap Save.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brucet10, having a group message absolutely allows you to free up some extra time. Klue has provided the exact steps for your device to create that group message. When sending a group message you may change how replies return by going to the Messenger, selecting the 3 dots for settings, choose Advanced, and then select Group Messaging to select the option that works best for your return messages.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brucet10
Enthusiast - Level 1

when I go to send a group text, it will only allo me to send to 20 people at a time. Is ther a way to send to all 35?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brucet10, regrettably, the built in messaging app for the S10e and our Verizon Message+ app do have a limit of 20 contacts for group messages. You can look into a 3rd party app in the Play Store that has a RCS Chat service in which you can typically chat with up to 100 contacts at once. Currently, only our Pixel 3 and 3XL device support this functionality using the default Messages app.  

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vpayseur

on message + app, how do I set replies on a group text to reply only to sender?

and will message+ app send to more than 20 recipients? Thanks so much for ideas

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Group text messages, always reply to all contacts in the group. If you want to reply to sender only, you will want to create a separate conversation. Does this help?BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
DrBHappy
  • I WANT VERIZON TO STOP EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGES TO [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service], [email address and phone number  removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
0 Likes