Group Messaging Problems with S4. Text come as individual and require download
BannyRooster

For the first few months, my S4 worked PERFECTLY.... it handled group texts better than any of my previous phones.  But a few months ago (maybe after the last update) group text started coming thru as individual text and you then have to "download" the text, and it then adds it to the group text.  For instance, I just got a group text sent to 12 people.... I had to click it, hit download, then it came thru as a group text.... but every other response came thru individually and requires you to download it before it will add it to the group text thread.

Its a real PAIN in the rear. And frustrating since it was working great until the update.  I can only find 1 setting for group text and no matter if I check it or not... same problem. Does anyone know what is causing this? I'm apparently an idiot.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Group Messaging Problems with S4. Text come as individual and require download
allthescreennamesiwan

That is happening to me too.  I wish I had an answer for you.

0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging Problems with S4. Text come as individual and require download
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BannyRooster,

I am here to further assist you today. When you have a group message that comes in, right above where you type in your message you should have an option "Group Conversation" or "Individual Messages". Let's check to see if it is set on the Group Conversation. If it is, go ahead and switch it to individual then switch it back to Group. Then test out the group message again. Another thing I would recommend is to go into Messaging, Tap on Menu in the lower left, Tap on Settings, under the section Multimedia Message Settings make sure there is a check mark in the Auto Retrieve. Please, keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging Problems with S4. Text come as individual and require download
nuz

Powering down and back on worked for me. Verizon tech also recommended pulling the battery out and back in.

0 Likes
riader

Go into messaging app

Lower left corner hit the menu symbol

Choose settings

Go down to Multimedia Messsage (MMS) settings

Ensure that Auto retrieve and Roaming Auto Retrieve are checked

You should be good after that....

0 Likes