Got pushed into the edge plan ... need help
vdoming

Hi all,

I needed to get a new smartphone but my plan did/does not end until October 2014. So I was told I could upgrade to the edge plan today and get a new phone. My questions is ... DID THIS UPGRADE EXTEND MY PLAN FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS?!

The guy that was helping me was rushing so he did not explain anything to me and just told me that it was my best option. But now that I'm reading into it ... I don't think I need this plan. I feel like at the end I'm going to be paying so much!!

For the phone I have to pay $25 a month ... for 24 months that's $600!! I'm totally ok with getting a new phone every two years! I want out!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Got pushed into the edge plan ... need help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vdoming,

Allow me to address your concerns regarding the Edge program! The Edge program will not extend your current plan, however, you entered a 24 month payment plan for your new phone. $600 sounds like a lot of money (and it is), but that is the current full retail price of the phone you upgraded to, please see more details of the Edge program at this link http://vz.to/1dG4Hpu at your convenience. You are a valued customer and we want you to have the best phone possible for your wireless needs. The Edge Program also allows upgrades every 6 months, so no need to wait 24 month for a new phone.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe you have 3 days to back out of the contract.   14 days to return a phone if you aren't happy with it.

I read up on the Edge plan.   Sounds like I pay more no matter how they spin it, unless you are the replace it in 6 months, cause you like the newest, better, or pretty in pink model.   You aren't that fickle.   Good luck.   Hope it turns out well for you.

0 Likes
vdoming

Oh thank you! I'm going back tomorrow!! Do you know if I get my phone back? .... Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

vdoming wrote:

Oh thank you! I'm going back tomorrow!! Do you know if I get my phone back? .... Smiley Sad

If you traded it in, it might be unlikely.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vdoming,

Allow me to address your concerns regarding the Edge program! The Edge program will not extend your current plan, however, you entered a 24 month payment plan for your new phone. $600 sounds like a lot of money (and it is), but that is the current full retail price of the phone you upgraded to, please see more details of the Edge program at this link http://vz.to/1dG4Hpu at your convenience. You are a valued customer and we want you to have the best phone possible for your wireless needs. The Edge Program also allows upgrades every 6 months, so no need to wait 24 month for a new phone.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes