Re: Google Wallet?
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

This kind of response from Big Red deserves more emails to the FTC, trying to force Google Wallet out by preventing them from being secure in the same way ISIS works is criminal.  I am sorry Verizon Google beat you to it but we do not want ISIS as it is no more secure than Google Wallet, you are making Google Wallet insecure by preventing its use of the secure element.  Lawyer that up all you want, I will get around every block you put in place to utilize Google Wallet over ISIS.

0 Likes
dvdptr

It's interesting that Verizon Support said "I want to make sure you are able to make payments quick and as easy as possible."

Transferring money from my bank to the Serve card for debit transactions takes 3-5 business days.

I can do it in the Drive Through with Google Wallet...

Also, I can put any credit card into Google Wallet, where ISIS can only have AMEX or CHASE credit cards...

How is this competitive.?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like I said in another thread...

Google makes carriers buy in to use wallet. Sprint paid for exclusivity for a short time. Also Google themselves block unbranded, and unlocked devices capable of nfc payment themselves. I own a few of these devices. This tells the FTC that it's a buy in. FTC can't force any company to buy in a competing product.

Notice Google isn't even trying to get FTC involved?

Also Google also blocks competing payment systems by blocking the secure element(Google has to white list you which to date they have NEVER done ask CyanogenMod team).

This stuff is getting old already. If you want to use Wallet switch carriers and/or buy a Nexus. Speak with money as that's what matters.

dvdptr

"switch carriers and/or buy a nexus".

Would that be the nexus that Verizon won't let on their network?

I think the issue here is that the carriers are using their leverage for non-carrier like things.  This is where Net Neutrality comes in.

On the plus side, it does seem to work with my Motorola Droid Maxx now, whether it's due to KitKat or verizon no longer blocking it.

So, here's a question:  Why can't someone get ISIS on anything BUT Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Easy answer. The secure element is on the Sim card. Google blocks the secure element on phones.

Isis works on my Nexus 5, and so does wallet, but if my Nexus 5 was an Xperia Z1 (US version and not Euro version). I couldn't use wallet, but I could use Isis. Go figure?

Google changed wallet to no longer to require a secure element, and requires 4.4.

B33
Legend

Hey Tidbits does Google wallet work good on the Moto X I was thinking it would but not sure and wanted to ask.. b

0 Likes
Google Wallet?
Tidbits
Legend

I ended up not buying to Moto X.  My coupon expired too lol.  Opted to wait a few weeks to see what happens between Moto and Lenovo.  Also wanted to see any potential devices coming out soon.

B33
Legend

Well I think I'm going to get one Doc said he's having good luck with his and I'm about the same on usage with my pictures and music so I think a 16gig one from the store will do and I have a second upgrade coming on Line 2 and I might use it for the something new's that are to come.. and when i get mine if I do I will post heavy on it of the good and not so good but i hope for most it's all good b

Bill21784
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found out that to use Google Wallet, you need KitKat version 4.4.3 or above.

Funny that Verizon upgraded phones to 4.4.2.

The version just before Google Wallet is supported.

0 Likes