Google Wallet
cheetos_mom

When will we be able to use google wallet on our S3's?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Google Wallet
buttsderek32

how can i watch espn3 on sIII

0 Likes
Re: Google Wallet
budone
Legend

It wont. VZW has decided on ISIS.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

buttsderek32 wrote:

how can i watch espn3 on sIII

If you have ESPN on your cable system and your system participates, download the Watch ESPN app and follow the instructions to see if you qualify.

0 Likes
cheetos_mom

Why? It only has a 1.4 rating on Google Play, not to mention you can only use Am Ex cards with it. 

Doesn't it make more sense to use Google Wallet?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I suspect they are not getting a cut from Google, or not a large enough cut to justify it.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon decided to go with ISIS instead because they have a large stake in that company.  They also came to the determination that Wallet was not secure enough.  The main reason for the low rating is the fact that many users are giving it a 1-star rating simply because they don't have the option to use Wallet.  In this case, I would not consider that rating to be accurate to the app whatsoever.

0 Likes
swandanson

This app was one of the reasons I upgraded my old phone to the S4.

I'd like to hear from Verizon on what their current position is on the blocking of this app - What specifically does Google need to do to make it more secure to be used on their network?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cheetos_mom,

Having the applications you need most is important! We have no information on Google Wallet availability. You can keep up with the latest device news here http://bit.ly/n5snpq . Check here to see if your device and account meet the requirements to use ISIS http://vz.to/PsTeiK .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Alphanerd82
Enthusiast - Level 2

The answer to your question is simple, albeit asinine, and can be answered in one word. Never. Verizon, though if you call customer service will lead you to believe otherwise, has no intention of allowing the use of Google Wallet. They are pushing ISIS and will force their customers to use it or nothing else. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, they will one day realize I have an android over the ios because I like freedom. Until then, just assume that Google Wallet will never be implemented as the same responses from verizon have circled over the last year as they remain stagnant in removing said restriction. It's extremely frustrating and I plan on switching carriers once my contract is up as I will not be told what payments system I must use. Also, ISIS is only supported in certain areas, not nationwide if you check their website. Plus you cannot use Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.

0 Likes