Re: Google Wallet?
rcschnoor
Legend

While I can't be sure it adds to the point total, I would think it does. It shows up as a purchase on my account statement as ISIS followed by the name of the store where the purchase was made. If I get points for ALL purchases, I don't see why I would not get points for that purchase.

Furthermore, it seems since AMEX is one of the backers of ISIS, it would seem crazy for them to say "Try our new contactless payment system for purchases instead of your card. That way you won't get points on your purchases!!!!!!!"

0 Likes
bferraez
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to Verizon, Google is the one not letting Verizon use Google Wallet.  I called Google and they said Verizon was the problem.  I really don't care who is to blame but SERIOUSLY!! They both make billions, what's the problem!??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is Google Wallet available on other carriers' branded devices?

I know that the answer is no for ATT.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BoredFISH
Enthusiast - Level 1

You don't even have to call CS anymore to get the secure SIM card. If your device supports it, you can order it from the My Device page under the heading About My Device. Free card, free shipping. I just ordered mine, in a few days we'll see how well it works here in Dallas.

survivor317
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was refused service by the Verizon Wireless store located at The Gateway Mall in Salt Lake City, Utah and was asked to leave by Security Guards of that Mall waiting in front of the store that would not open for an hour.  The customer service rep kept asking to repeat my phone number as she could not seem to enter it in her computer and when I asked to speak with her supervisor she told me he had already left the store.  Very rude...So maybe they would like to pay for my bill.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello survivor317, You certainly deserve the highest level of support at all times! I apologize for the experience that you had in our store. I hope that you will alow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us. Please let me know if you need any additional support.

Thank you,

Yalek_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CupCheck

Verizon Wireless, Be advised, blocking Google Wallet is in violation against C-Block that you bought/acquired from the FCC. Furthermore, Google is not the one to blame. You know, and we all know that you are not allowing it. Google will not block their own software and hardware. Therefore, ISIS uses the NFC that is needed, as which Google Wallet uses.

We will be fored to contact the FCC again, just as we, your customers, did when the FCC came down on you about WiFi tethering.

And do not think that I know not what I am talking about. I am in Avionics, and I also have an FCC license. I know my way around electronics, frequencies, bandwidth, wireless communication - to include microwaves and radar as well as other wireless data communications), etc. So do not think me a fool.

0 Likes
Duke2106

I used Google Wallet as well, and refuse to use Isis wallet, or even try it, until Verizon allows Google Wallet to be installed and usable.

I know that they couldn't care less about us, they want us to go to Isis, but tough luck.

0 Likes
MVL

ISIS currently only supports American Express and Chase cards, which means its worthless to most people.  Until you support all major credit and debit cards, like Google Wallet does, then ISIS will never take off like Verizon hopes.  I used Google Wallet every day on my rooted and unlocked Galaxy Nexus, until Verizon decided to block it.  I have filed many complaints with the FCC over this issue, however, Verizon continues to ignore its customers requests to allow Google Wallet in favor of its own service, which is completely ridiculous.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, it would be nice if it accepted more credit/debit/gift cards. I have read where the cards accepted will be expanded when the nationwide rollout happens later this year.Smiley Happy

Hopefully, they will also allow Google Wallet, too.

0 Likes