Google Voice (Voicemail) Not Working
ajbang
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone have Google voice working?  See thread below from XDA forums.  Sounds like everyone who uses Google voice for voicemail is having issues.  In my case, I have call forwarding set up and whenever someone calls me (my Verizon number) and I dont pick up, it is supposed to then forward on to my google voicemail service.  I have had MANY android phones and zero issues with this over the years.  This is the first phone that it will not work with.  What happens is that it seems to forward the call (i.e. my verizon voicemail does not pick up), however, Google voicemail never answers.  Like I said, I've been using this service for years, so I know how it works and how it should work.  However, something with the S6 will not allow it to forward the call corectly to my Google voice number.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  See below for more information and other users having the same problem.

[Q] Google Voice not working on your S6? - Pg. 2 | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 | XDA Forums

One side note, the service does work fine if people call my "google voice" number (as it should)....its just when they call my Verizon phone number.  It never rings over to google voice.  It just rings and rings. 

Re: Google Voice (Voicemail) Not Working
Snn5
Legend

Mine works, but I have a LG G2 and LG Volt.

0 Likes
ajbang
Enthusiast - Level 1

Haha, ummm thanks for the heads up.  Yeah, I'm speaking specifically about the Galaxy S6. 

travelfeet

All I can do is validate your issues. I have a Note 4, probably my 10th android device, and the first with this issue. Google voicemail picks up, but no one can leave a message. I have set up forwarding on the phone and via Verizon's website.

0 Likes
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Came in from a Google search, having this issue on my new LG G4.  But I have a Note 4 (work phone) on which I do use Google Voice as my voicemail.  Since you mention it's not working for your Note 4, I thought I'd post that it is doable.

My voice mail settings (phone, settings, Voice Mail) show that I'm using the carrier, and *86 for voicemail.  But voice mails do get left in my Google Voice inbox when people call my Note 4 phone number.  I think I just let the app set itself up, despite it telling me that automatic configuration is unavailable.

0 Likes
furby076
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the S6 this week and Google voice no longer works. No matter how I set it up (with HD calling on or off) all calls are going to my VZW VM. I would prefer to not have this happen as Google Voice is superior (especially with the text message and forwarding to my e-mail)

Merobison
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did anyone find a solution?  I'm having same issue with my s6.  Google voicemail worked perfectly on s4.

0 Likes
LG_G4_User

Had GVM working on my Samsung S5.  Had to get a new phone, moved to the LG G4, now GVM won't work.  Tried manually entering call forwarding, and then get a message that call can't be completed as dialed and no one can leave a voice mail. Stuck with Verizon visual voice mail.

0 Likes
Merobison
Enthusiast - Level 1

After spending time w/ Verizon support, she figured out she didn't know how to solve it, so she passed me to Level2... within a minute he had it solved.  Something about him needing to provision by voicemail, and then was able to go in and setup it up as normal.  Then I did the Google Voicemail setup as normal and all worked fine.

0 Likes
ebuggers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same problem. I have an S6 and apparently my google voicemail hasn't been working for over a month

0 Likes