Gmail app prompting for credentials on outgoing messages
pkraft01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night my Gmail app starting prompting me for credentials for outgoing messages although no changes have been made on my account. I enter my password and it fails on email account or password error.

I still receive emails to my Verizon.net account, just can't send anything from my Galaxy S10 plus phone. This morning my wife told me her Galaxy Note 9 has the same issue.  I checked our tablets - Galaxy Tab S2 and Galaxy Tab S6 -  and they are prompting for credentials. 

Initially I thought I'd reset my password, however, my incoming email works so I don't think it's really a password issue.

Anyone else seeing this or have a work around?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail app prompting for credentials on outgoing messages
pkraft01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update

After posting this and doing as must research as I could (basically Googling) I found nothing about this. I thought about changing my password just to see if that would help.

However, I woke up this morning and discovered our phones and tablets are now sending emails again. I did nothing, no changes to passwords or accounts.

Probably like most I've been seeing some slow down in network speeds, searches, dropped calls, etc. 

I'm thinking the network overload may have contributed to this particular email issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pkraft01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update

After posting this and doing as must research as I could (basically Googling) I found nothing about this. I thought about changing my password just to see if that would help.

However, I woke up this morning and discovered our phones and tablets are now sending emails again. I did nothing, no changes to passwords or accounts.

Probably like most I've been seeing some slow down in network speeds, searches, dropped calls, etc. 

I'm thinking the network overload may have contributed to this particular email issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your email working perfectly for you. Is this only happening with the app, or are you using a web browser to access your emails?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@pkraft01 wrote:

Update

Sounds like there may have been a temporary server issue.  There may have been software/hardware maintenance somewhere that had issues and had to be resolved to get back to normal.   

If your issue is resolved, you might mark your thread answered/resolved so it doesn't take unnecessary agent time.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes